Some advice please - mobo

Sorry to revive an old thread, just thought it better than making a new one.

So, I'm still on the hunt for a new CPU, but I want to cut some corners if possible and I'm wondering if there is anything anybody can recommend that isn't going t o cost me £300 that would be a decent improvement on my i5 2500k?

Thanks.

As previously suggested, might as well stick with your i5 and OC it instead of spending the cash for a small jump (unless you were going to be making a bigger jump in performance).

OC'ing is easy and there's plenty of guides out there. It's easier nowadays than it was back in the Core 2 Duo/Quad days (and that was still easier than what it was before that).

Thanks for all the info.

How do I actually know I can overclock my mobo and CPU? Am I correct in thinking that some versions you can't?

Also, when you say I need a decent cooler if I oc my CPU, does that mean it would probably get destroyed using the fan I got with it?

Thanks for all the info.

How do I actually know I can overclock my mobo and CPU? Am I correct in thinking that some versions you can't?

Also, when you say I need a decent cooler if I oc my CPU, does that mean it would probably get destroyed using the fan I got with it?
You can overclock your processor on that board quite easily, but not with the stock cooler. You'll overheat the processor.

Also, I'm not real sure why you want to overclock anyways. You never mentioned what you do with your machine. If you're a gamer you don't need to overclock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom