Some advice please - mobo

Keep your old mobo it'll support the 3770k.
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Socket 1155 - Intel P67 - GA-P67-DS3-B3 (rev. 1.0)

Go ahead and update the bios to 2.0 so it'll be ready for the chip and fix some issues with 1.0.
Use the windows bios update from GB and have everything closed down.
Board has to be on BIOS version of at least F5 as I stated in my first post:

According to the CPU Support List on that page, yes.

GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Socket 1155 - Intel P67 - GA-P67-DS3-B3 (rev. 1.0)

Requires you to be on at least BIOS v F5...so make sure you're updated on your BIOS.

Gigabyte's revisions (1.0 vs 2.0) aren't software or firmware - they're hardware revisions to the actual board itself - which can't be just "updated".

Board has to be on BIOS version of at least F5 as I stated in my first post:
Gigabyte's revisions (1.0 vs 2.0) aren't software or firmware - they're hardware revisions to the actual board itself - which can't be just "updated".

.....................................................................................

GIGABYTE How to Reflash Motherboard BIOS

It can be updated through windows been doing it this way since lga 775.

.....................................................................................

GIGABYTE How to Reflash Motherboard BIOS

It can be updated through windows been doing it this way since lga 775.

Yeah..I know... lol. I'm not disputing that fact. I'm just making you aware of the fact that the "revision 1.0" vs "revision 2.0" refers to hardware revisions, not BIOS/firmware revisions. Gigabyte prefixes their BIOS versions with "F" (I assume for firmware).

Yeah..I know... lol. I'm not disputing that fact. I'm just making you aware of the fact that the "revision 1.0" vs "revision 2.0" refers to hardware revisions, not BIOS/firmware revisions. Gigabyte prefixes their BIOS versions with "F" (I assume for firmware).

Please stop assuming what you think I don't know.
I already looked over the information before replying a few times.
Thats why I told the op to go ahead and update the bios.
Before he gets his new cpu so it'll fix some issues with the mobo and add on better features.

The issue being you said make sure you update to '2.0' whereas that would be revision number of the board, not the bios version.

Why don't we all just drop the talk about bios or what not and move on ?
This doesn't need to go on forever, you want general chat, offtopic forum is for that.

Why don't we all just drop the talk about bios or what not and move on ?
This doesn't need to go on forever, you want general chat, offtopic forum is for that.

Because you brought up incorrect info and it needed to be corrected so there was no confusion to anybody reading the thread :).

Also, this isn't general chit-chat - it's relevant to the thread as the OP will need to make sure he is on the latest BIOS in order to use the newer chip.

Back
Top Bottom