Soyo, Athlon, NVIDIA, really cheap, good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qiranworms

Fully Optimized
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1161194&Sku=S450-2037 C

Note: That's CANADIAN money!

Basically, a friend is looking to purchase it. Will be running Gentoo Linux, WITHOUT dual booting. He isn't particularly a heavy gamer (note the lack of Windows for at least a year now). The specs look fine to both of us...what he wants to know is whether it's actually a good deal, and whether there are any particular problems with any of the hardware listed (particularly the Soyo motherboard).

Thanks.

it depends on how much money it is american :p i didnt know amd made an amd xp 2900 unless its a sempron..-

looks pretty good to me, but yeah, what is that converted to USD? also, why is that a barebones PC, or am i missing something, it seems to have all the stuff for a fully loaded low/mid end PC.

ohGrFreak said:
looks pretty good to me, but yeah, what is that converted to USD? also, why is that a barebones PC, or am i missing something, it seems to have all the stuff for a fully loaded low/mid end PC.

It's 388.67. Why is it barebones? No OS! But that doesn't matter to someone who's using Gentoo Linux anyway. :cool:

Pizzahut...thanks for that. Hmm...I'll check on that. I never noticed that. :confused:

A barbone is where these things arent included:

external media drives (floppies, zips, optical drives)

no operating system.

and 5400RPM wont be as slow as pizzahut telling. I still have systems runnning in my home with 5400.

I don't know if that is the best deal of all time, you could get that stuff on newegg for a better price and put it togheder yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom