Which to Buy? Sony Vaio Flip or HP Envy x360?

Hi Carnage.. Sorry for mistaking for you Sub.. To answer your question, I'm planning on playing GTA V. I dont expect to play at full resolution, 1080p with high settings. I'm a casual gamer who would settle for lower settings with smooth game play as long as graphics arent compromised too much.

You'll want a better GPU then.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M - NotebookCheck.net Tech

Benchmarks for the 735m in games are farther down the page. I mean, it can play most games on low settings/low resolutions...but if you're going to spend $1800 on a laptop, you can get an Asus or an MSI (or Sager - which is a rebranded MSI) that would demolish that Sony in terms of performance (you'd actually be able to play games at 1080p / high settings). The only thing the Sony has going for it is a touch screen and is "convertible".

You'll want a better GPU then.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M - NotebookCheck.net Tech

Benchmarks for the 735m in games are farther down the page. I mean, it can play most games on low settings/low resolutions...but if you're going to spend $1800 on a laptop, you can get an Asus or an MSI (or Sager - which is a rebranded MSI) that would demolish that Sony in terms of performance (you'd actually be able to play games at 1080p / high settings). The only thing the Sony has going for it is a touch screen and is "convertible".

The thing is, I only got a budget of $800 now.

$800 is still a decent budget - you can pick up a used one for around that price if you're not against buying used laptops.

I got my gaming laptops for around $800 each - except my current one, which I got for around $1100 (sold my previous one, so it was only $400 after selling it).

For example: http://www.amazon.com/MSI-GE70-0ND-...4&sr=1-1&pebp=1422926861108&peasin=B0082JFD1W

Compare the previous benchmarks to the GTX 660m's:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-660M.71859.0.html

Can also check out eBay or even Craigslist.

$800 is still a decent budget - you can pick up a used one for around that price if you're not against buying used laptops.

I got my gaming laptops for around $800 each - except my current one, which I got for around $1100 (sold my previous one, so it was only $400 after selling it).

Hey carnage.. Thanks for the links. I'll be making a decision soon.

Back
Top Bottom