Can I Transfer 32-bit XP to 64-bit Laptop?

Just to clarify this bit.

Like I previously said, that's technically against the TOS. OEM licenses are technically tied to 1 board-1 activation. If you get a new motherboard/CPU, you're supposed to buy a new license since you already used up that activation. But...like I said..there's ways around that - but again, are against the TOS/EULA for OEM licenses.

Edit: Ninja'd by Joe. Damn you. :p

Meaning: It's just best to buy a new license because you don't want to get caught for doing something (that shouldn't be that illegal) totally illegal.

OR: If you do use an alternate method, you may get a SLIC error which will lock you out of everything. You have to repair the boot table. Insert Windows disc and repair it by going in command prompt. ALSO: If that does not work you WILL have to reinstall. BUT: You can reinstall and copy files from windows.old folder.

Believe me if you get an error like this and you are not prepared, or an advanced user you will be so mad.

Just buy one lol :p

And don't fall for that we have licenses for $19.99 stuff because it's most likely fake or an unauthorized key

I dont understand what you are trying to tell me? was this post aimed at the OP?

Yes, to put it in simple terms if you don't understand go straight to source giving out the product keys.
Ask them what you can do and what you can't, if your wanting to give a customer a oem key fora desktop or laptop but are unsure of it activating or staying legit..
Speak with microsoft personally and that will clear up any confusion, live and learn.

Back
Top Bottom