Hear screeching, preparing for death

Alright, will do.
You can get a replacement Win7 ISO from here:
[Legal Download: Windows 7 with SP1, 13 languages
Ok. Thanks. I will use this link when needed.

He could also just clone.
Prefer to have a fresh install and just transfer over anything I deem important into another drive before wiping this one. It was also a suggestion you offered to me in another thread to improve performance :p

Yep and cloning will make that happen faster. Wouldn't matter if he already backed his data up, though.

Hehe... about that.

Nope, no back ups of any sort. Did keep a collection of system restores for a bit but lost those over time as well. Wrote my OS product key down and that's about all I would be able to salvage if it died tonight.

While it will suck to lose all my work and projects, I do have some older program versions saved (coding and other smaller sized projects). I won't cry over it, would just be a disadvantage not to have stuff to go back and compare work to.

Since I will be getting an SSD and 2 new HDD's, one of them will contain restore points for precautions.

Yep and cloning will make that happen faster. Wouldn't matter if he already backed his data up, though.
Turning it off and on with sleep has been killing it. Reading from the first 250GB or so won't really accelerate that process much. If it's gonna die it'll die regardless of a clone.

Just transfer your most important files to another HDD then you can run a more extensive HDD test using Ultimate Boot CD. That also will shorten the life of your hard drive

So the items arrived on the 4th, 2 full days before it's earliest shipping estimate. Planned on setting everything up today, until I realized I forgot to buy the needed cables...

Reading up on my board, I have 2x Sata3 slots and 4x Sata2. (ASRock Z75 PRO3)
I also read that certain cable types may block adjacent ports on the motherboard, but didn't tell me which kind. Would this work to hool up theSSD and WD 2TB Black hard drive to the board without issue?
Dynex 1.7' RightAngle Serial ATA 3.0 Cable Black DX-PZ03501 - Best Buy

Would buying that cable also allow/work for another secondary drive to be hooked into a Sata2 slot?

Lastly, is there any other cables I may need like specific power cables? I am going to a local Best Buy to pick up the cables as paying shipping for something small doesn't make much sense (as well as wanting it hooked up by the 9th).
PSU:
CORSAIR TX650
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply - Newegg.com

Back
Top Bottom