it just got worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok what should i do when i find a virus it gives me options to delete move to quarentine and all that what should i choose? cause i dont wanna loose any files that wont make some software work...

ok.. u still didnt answer my question though.. anyways when i had antivir going and went into the internet (with all three browsers) it said a trojan was trying to connect and when i dissalowed it to connect and my browsers couldnt connect. I put it in the quarentine and now i cant connect to the internet.. wat file would this be and i dont know were to put it back :/

PC-Cillin is the best anti-virus software I have ever used... You can download it with 1 free update and it will run but no updates after that unless you purchase it.
That came with my mobo and vid divers. Been using it since my comp was built, and it's great.

Since I don't know anything about that particular A/V program, I couldn't answer. I've used Norton, Panda, PC-Cillin, AVG, and now Avast, but not the one you just downloaded so I was expecting the person who recommended it to answer you.

you can always use those scan-from-the-web programs but i think they are crappy

Some are actually very good considering they are run by Panda, Trend Micro (PC-Cillin), eTrust and I believe there is even one now where you can be scanned by 10 different companies all at the same time: http://virusscan.jotti.dhs.org/

IF you do managed to get reconnected to the internet, why not try that online scanner. Liz

I always choose "wipe infected file" because more often you find the virus is an .exe or .dll by itself
but I think it must have found a virus attached to a .dll somewhere in your case
have you got the install files for your browsers?

... im on my other old crappy mac right now. I ran antivi and had 40 viruses and now i cant connect to the internet.. so now i cant connect and cant even drag, cut or copy anything or even see my start menu for christ sakes. My computer has gone to the pitts... its not just one browser that wont work.. its everything cant connect to steam kazaa so the internet doesnt work.

If you had KaZaa on there, I'm not surprised you ended you with this mess. Do this. Download HiJack This on your mac and copy it over to your other computer if you can and run it per the instructions in this thread: http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34713 Then copy the log and get it back to your mac and copy it back over here to this forum: HiJack Logs (analyze)

A log reader will get your log read as quickly as possible and tell you how to get it fixed. Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom