Getting My First Gaming PC! Need Help!

30ft is nothing lol. I have a 50ft cable running over my living room from my modem to my router.

You don't need specifically a PCI-E wireless card, as a USB dongle will do the same thing but I linked both as an option and the N10 is just the lower version of the N15 I already linked. Either will do, but if you want to game wireless isn't the best choice.

well when you have other family that use wireless and a person who stays on netflix sucking up the bandwith all damn weekend...
Yeah online gaming would suck for anyone, that and depending the wireless adapter and strength connectivity throughout your home.
Many things factor into wireless play. :/

Pskater that belkin wireless usb nic would do good on gaming.
If you game at night or early in the morning and don't stay on it you'll get some good fights in pvp with wireless.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Belkin F7D2102 N300 Micro Wireless N USB Adapter

You might get this on wednesday or sooner depending on how close the item is and how quickly they ship.
If you can't get wait go to bestbuy and ask what best options are for wirless nics under 35.00 bucks.

30ft is nothing lol. I have a 50ft cable running over my living room from my modem to my router.

You don't need specifically a PCI-E wireless card, as a USB dongle will do the same thing but I linked both as an option and the N10 is just the lower version of the N15 I already linked. Either will do, but if you want to game wireless isn't the best choice.
I really want to just buy a long cable, but since we just moved to and are in an apartment, we have no furniture. The router is on the floor across my living room in another room. My mom doesn't want a cable running through our living room also. I will try to switch/move the router by my computer within the next few months.

I really want to just buy a long cable, but since we just moved to and are in an apartment, we have no furniture. The router is on the floor across my living room in another room. My mom doesn't want a cable running through our living room also. I will try to switch/move the router by my computer within the next few months.
Get a 50 or 75ft cable that closely matches your wall color. Mine happens to be white so if I had white I'd do it but it's my place and idc so I ran a blue cable.

Go to Walmart and buy those cheapo plastic stick on hooks and route your cable along the roof with those.

I got a USB powered Network Card, works good (Because it was $70..). I installed all Drivers and downloaded my Norton Anti-virus. Srarting to transfer my files over from my Mac. The last thing I need is a monitor as the two I have are both horrible. I have a Bestbuy near me and will probably get it from there.

I got a USB powered Network Card, works good (Because it was $70..). I installed all Drivers and downloaded my Norton Anti-virus. Srarting to transfer my files over from my Mac. The last thing I need is a monitor as the two I have are both horrible. I have a Bestbuy near me and will probably get it from there.

Get rid of Norton and replace it with Avira. It's free, and one of the top AV's.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/avc_sum_201412_en.pdf

Well, I just got $250 from something I did 8 months ago, I call that luck. I will use this to buy a monitor, a game on Steam, and save the rest for college :)

Anything I should look out for when buying a monitor (apart from 1080p, size, and refresh rate)?

Last edited:
Size matters XD Get one that suits you. I personally have got a 19 inch screen, but I plan to upgrade to a 24 inch sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom