Getting My First Gaming PC! Need Help!

Ok, finished everything, about to install drivers, but I can't connect to wifi. Do I need a wireless network card?

Ok, finished everything, about to install drivers, but I can't connect to wifi. Do I need a wireless network card?

What type of internet connection did you use before ?

If you used wired connected right to the modem or router that would be how you get your internet.
If you used wireless use what wireless nic card you had.
If not this will do http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...ywords=belkin+wireless+adapter&condition=used

Have the same nic for 2 years now, connects with simple setup from windows networking.
Doesn't get hot either like netgear or linksys wireless adapters.

I have one that came with my computer and it was already enabled, but I can't find where to join wifi.. The option isn't in the spot where everyone else's is. I installed all drivers.

Last edited:
Do I need a wireless network card to connect to my wifi because I can't, I only have VPN and Ethernet options and I don't own any Ethernet cables.

Edit: I have one, and it was already enabled, but I can't find where to join wifi.. It's not in the spot where everyone else's is. I installed all drivers.

View and connect to available wireless networks - Windows Help

Wi-Fi Protected Access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Look at this and follow what it says, for the vpn is it password enabled ?
If so talk to the person who manages password and security strength in the router which is wpa.
Also don't need any serious firewalls windows vista - windows 8 firewall would be enough to block out hackers and other malicious trojans that slip in.
Also common sense of using internet safely would benefit you too. :)

View and connect to available wireless networks - Windows Help

Wi-Fi Protected Access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Look at this and follow what it says, for the vpn is it password enabled ?
If so talk to the person who manages password and security strength in the router which is wpa.
Also don't need any serious firewalls windows vista - windows 8 firewall would be enough to block out hackers and other malicious trojans that slip in.
Also common sense of using internet safely would benefit you too. :)

What I mean is I literally don't have the option to connect to wifi

And this is my Motherboards Lan spec

Your MB doesn't have WIFI on it, The LAN listed is the built in card for a wired connection. Wired is better for gaming if you can plug it in, wireless is spotty at best in my expierience.

I already answered your question. You asked if you need a wifi card, I said yes obviously. You can't connect to a wireless network with a wired NIC dude. If you needed wireless connectivity you should have said so from the beginning. Lucky for you, wireless USB sticks are cheap.

TP-LINK TL-WN722N Wireless N150 High Gain USB Adapter, 150Mbps, w/4 dBi High Gain Detachable Antenna - Newegg.com
ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless Adapter IEEE 802.11b/g/n PCI Express 300/300Mbps Transfer/Receive Rate 64-bit WEP, 128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPS support - Newegg.com

Either one will do.

Ok, I actually watched some videos and saw that I need a PCI express Wireless Network Card. @PP Mguire I thought my MB already had one because of a video I watched :/ I am thinking of getting this A: becuase it is near me B: It is cheap: ASUS Computer International PCEN10 - Best Buy I may use Ethernet later, but for now I cant as I have At&t, and our tv also runs off the router, so it must stay where it is (30ft away from my computer).

30ft is nothing lol. I have a 50ft cable running over my living room from my modem to my router.

You don't need specifically a PCI-E wireless card, as a USB dongle will do the same thing but I linked both as an option and the N10 is just the lower version of the N15 I already linked. Either will do, but if you want to game wireless isn't the best choice.

Back
Top Bottom