Need Help With a New PC

No it's Tier 2. Tier 1 is helpdesk and Tier 3 is EBS which is serious escalation only. Tier 2 is also contract, and we're all contract.

Oh we can access the internet no big. Just can't do "personal" things during work hours. They also don't want us on our phones for personal reasons during work hours.

No it's Tier 2. Tier 1 is helpdesk and Tier 3 is EBS which is serious escalation only. Tier 2 is also contract, and we're all contract.

Oh we can access the internet no big. Just can't do "personal" things during work hours. They also don't want us on our phones for personal reasons during work hours.

Still feel sorry for you lol. I can understand the helpdesk people because they are generally less experienced and should really pay attention to what they say to people without distractions, but someone at Tier 2 who knows things already I think should be allowed to at least have some room for leeway. Does this forum count as "personal?"

It's unprofessional and when your cue is high you shouldn't be doing unwork related stuff. It makes perfect sense. Yes this forum is personal as this place has nothing to do with work. I usually just post when I'm waiting on a software install or on a user.

It's unprofessional and when your cue is high you shouldn't be doing unwork related stuff. It makes perfect sense. Yes this forum is personal as this place has nothing to do with work. I usually just post when I'm waiting on a software install or on a user.

I agree if the cue is high or you have a lot of work to do, which in your case that may be. But I'm usually just waiting on a ticket, sometimes all day, otherwise I'm just writing up policies, and schoolin co-workers on how to use machines. I drive a lot to each store and do a lot of work, but when I'm at my own desk in the office I'm not doing anything lol

There are quite a few of us and each of us usually have 10 tickets a piece and our unassigned cue is about 150. There's work to be done but when you're working on something you wind up waiting on **** so that's when I get online.

There are quite a few of us and each of us usually have 10 tickets a piece and our unassigned cue is about 150. There's work to be done but when you're working on something you wind up waiting on **** so that's when I get online.

Wow, I didn't realize how busy you were. Well even more of a reason to have privileges on your down time. You and your coworkers obviously do a lot of work so in my opinion you deserve the internet if you do your job well. Too bad I'm not in charge though lol

In their eyes if we have tickets we don't have time for downtime. They pay us to work, not browse the internet.

Lockheed Martin is a big government owned company and this particular place has about 20,000+ workers and probably 75,000 or even more than 100k machines. We always have plenty of work to be done.

I just don't like to be idle because if I am waiting on something just sitting in a chair after walking a lot I start to get sleepy. That's when I get online.

Completely way OT though. We've derailed the thread enough.

In their eyes if we have tickets we don't have time for downtime. They pay us to work, not browse the internet.

Lockheed Martin is a big government owned company and this particular place has about 20,000+ workers and probably 75,000 or even more than 100k machines. We always have plenty of work to be done.

I just don't like to be idle because if I am waiting on something just sitting in a chair after walking a lot I start to get sleepy. That's when I get online.

Completely way OT though. We've derailed the thread enough.

Well thats pretty impressive then. I hope you figure it out man

Back
Top Bottom