Getting My First Gaming PC! Need Help!

3.0 will not fit 2.0 at all unless you have an adapter and that board does not have a 3.0 slot. There's no getting around it.

If your PC won't turn on it's something else. MOre than likely the board isn't mounted right.

3.0 will not fit 2.0 at all unless you have an adapter and that board does not have a 3.0 slot. There's no getting around it.

If your PC won't turn on it's something else. MOre than likely the board isn't mounted right.

By that do you mean how to board is in the case, or how all the cables are mounted to the board?

By that do you mean how to board is in the case, or how all the cables are mounted to the board?

Let me ask you somethings.
When you put the motherboard inside your case did you use mounting pegs from the case or no ?

bitfenix_shadow_interior.jpg

Look at this image, now look near the drive bay area psu mounting area.
You see those 6 hole leverages that bevel up ?
Did you install your board like this or diffferently ?

Also since you have pwr, rst, hdd led cables did you install in the correct order ?
If they are install in the front, turn them around so they will face backwords.

Those will give you problems if you don't install them right, meaning no powerup no epic computer machine. ;)

Let me ask you somethings.
When you put the motherboard inside your case did you use mounting pegs from the case or no ?

bitfenix_shadow_interior.jpg

Look at this image, now look near the drive bay area psu mounting area.
You see those 6 hole leverages that bevel up ?
Did you install your board like this or diffferently ?

Also since you have pwr, rst, hdd led cables did you install in the correct order ?
If they are install in the front, turn them around so they will face backwords.

Those will give you problems if you don't install them right, meaning no powerup no epic computer machine. ;)

Yeah, I used the mounting pegs/screw to make it like up with everything. There's was only one way it could go in so all the ports would stick through the back. I will try different orders for the cables you mentioned. Also when I turn my Power supply on, after the computer is plugged into the wall, should its fan come on because there is a button on my case that turns my CPU fan on.

Also when I turn my Power supply on, after the computer is plugged into the wall, should its fan come on because there is a button on my case that turns my CPU fan on.

No for the heatsink fan, put that 3 wire where it says cpu.
For system case fans put the 4 pin wires where it says system fans.
If you have more than 2 fans in your case you'll have to figure out which fans you'll need most.
I recommend the back so it can pull out any heat the cpu may give out and the front fan so it can pull in air.

When you have everything setup your computer should not automatically kick on upon plugging up.
check the pwr and reset switch wires to make sure its setup properly.

Given all that if it doesn't power up or is having problems trying to power up.
Remove the gpu first, if it powers on and goes to the bios it maybe you might the gpu too tight.

No for the heatsink fan, put that 3 wire where it says cpu.
For system case fans put the 4 pin wires where it says system fans.
If you have more than 2 fans in your case you'll have to figure out which fans you'll need most.
I recommend the back so it can pull out any heat the cpu may give out and the front fan so it can pull in air.

When you have everything setup your computer should not automatically kick on upon plugging up.
check the pwr and reset switch wires to make sure its setup properly.

Given all that if it doesn't power up or is having problems trying to power up.
Remove the gpu first, if it powers on and goes to the bios it maybe you might the gpu too tight.

Ok, also my case fans use a 3 prong connector while my Mothebroard has a 4 prong larger connection, so I'm pretty sure I will have horrible cooling.. And for the USB 3.0 to 2.0, does that make it so I can use my USB ports?

3pin fan connectors can plug into 4pin motherboard connectors.

By what I was saying I meant your board could be mounted wrong causing a short making your system not turn on. It's a self protection mechanism. Take the board back out of the case and unplug everything besides CPU/heatsink, RAM, 24pin, 8pin, and the power cable for the front of the case. Put the motherboard down on the box and see if it turns on. If it does, it was shorting in the case.

Ok, also my case fans use a 3 prong connector while my Mothebroard has a 4 prong larger connection, so I'm pretty sure I will have horrible cooling.. And for the USB 3.0 to 2.0, does that make it so I can use my USB ports?

I dont think so long as the usb port on the mobo looks like this
USB_3_A_to_B.jpg

Any usb connect device with 2.0 or 1.1 will be compatible it may go at a lower speed rate when transfering.
That shouldn't be an issue view this later on so you can understand usb 3.0.
USB 3.0

USB - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom