This HP is getting fun

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
Got another PC to repair but this one is PMSing it seems, Boots up to the HP screen with all the choices of what to hit for what but that's it LOL Esc=Boot menu umm well it doesn't do anything LOL Nor do any of the other choices, Tried removing ram using one stick at a time, Tried a different HD and also no getting into the bios but that's a no go and won't boot of a disk either. tomorrow after work I'm going to tear down and put it all back together and see if anything might not be connecting well. This one has me stumped so far. I'll figure it out, Always do LOL ok vent over. time to get some sleep.

Dauntae

Don't have the model off hand (I'm sat work now) but it's a desktop, haven't done anything in the bios due to the fact it won't let me get into the bios, Was late when I started working on it so I was saving all the fun stuff tonight. As for the bios best I can do is clear it by popping out the battery, Keyboard is powering up but no commands seem to work. Didn't get too far into it yet and just did the basic things to troubleshoot. It kind of erks me because I was told it had a virus but never told it had issues booting up. Well IF it's hardware related then they'll find out when I give them a price LOL. Of course the price before anything is ordered.

If it's an older pc, it might not have the USB enabled by default in the bios and if your attempting to use a USB keyboard, it won't work. You might need to try a keyboard with PS2 connectors in order to access the bios

Sorry forgot to put this in the last post, windows 7 AMD build, No PS2 connections on the MB, I have a old keyboard just for that reason and a USB keyboard for the ones without PS2. Anyhow both the keyboard and mouse are getting power but it just seems to lock up at the HP screen with the boot options such as recovery boot menu and of course it doesn't list the bios because HP don't want owners going there lol I think it's del but I'll look it up for the model but that really doesn't matter just yet until it stops locking up. Hoping I don't have to flash the bios, HP can be a real pain doing that.

Remove everything on the board like pci/e cards, HDD, ODD and any external usb/audio cables. Only leave the cpu/heatsink/fan and one stick of memory. If there is on board video, use that and see if it posts in a reasonable time, If it does then add one peripheral at a time until the post time is affected

That's good advice, Was sort of my plan but before that I'm going to try and clear the Bios and see if any thing changes, should be home by midnight and then I'll play lol (can you tell I actually enjoy the challenges lol) AND ongoing to put the HD I another system to check for errors and a virus scan just so it will be one less thing to deal with, depending on how much is installed I may just save there personal files and do a reinstall. Much easier than fixing virus hell if it's bad. And a fresh install is always nice.

Last edited:
Well I went down the list of things to try short of pulling the MB out (That was my next step) then when searching for a bios I found a problem that seems common for this particular MB.... Sata failure. Anyway I disconnected all sata items and got right into bios and managed to get into the bios with just the HD plugged in and the bios does NOT see the HD attached so the problem is solved but unfortunately unless it's a new MB this guy is coming for it.....:( Its a hp pavilion p6320y anyway
Grim_Reaper.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom