Prebuilt---impressions?

lastplace09

Fully Optimized
I've been out of the PC game so long that I'm sure I need a new everything.

I refuse to build one myself so I've been looking at pre builts.

Could anyone provide impressions on the below as a gaming PC? Is this a good value? If I bought this should I upgrade something immediately? I'd like this build to be able to play Evolve if possible.

Intel Core i7-4765T
8GB memory
2TB HDD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics (modified GeForce 860M)

[Dell Alienware Alpha Signature Edition Gaming Desktop, $799]

Thanks!

Sent from my blast processing t-781.afd Doritto chip from outer space.

Just curious but... why do you refuse to build one yourself?

The last one I built was a horror show. I realized that I was behind the times on what parts go with what.

I had the worst time getting the video card to work. I also ended up with some parts I had to return because they were broken upon arrival.

I promised myself I wouldn't put myself through the headache ever again.

Sent from my blast processing t-781.afd Doritto chip from outer space.

If you don't want to build yourself... NCIXUS will assemble the build for your and get it running (for an extra $60), and then ship the system out to you with whatever parts you order from them. Would still give you a better value than you'll get compared to buying a prebuilt (especially an Alienware system).

Modified GTX860M in a desktop???? The GTX860M is a laptop graphics card, That system looks like there clearing out all there extra hardware and call it a desktop. If you can't build it I would go with Carnage suggestion and have NCIEXUS put it together for you.

Dauntae

Hell- If I and my kids can build gaming PC's - you can!! How long ago did you try? Were there the videos out there showing step by step instructions back then like there are now? Did you order after having the guys like Carnage and PP help you pick out parts? Did you order parts from a reputable place like Newegg?

The hardest part about PC building is part picking. If you're going in blind you have literally no idea what goes where, who mates to who, exactly what you need to make a PC run, and then finally what's a better deal for your money on parts.

That's why I make it a point to link exactly everything somebody needs to build their PC and give them the best hardware for the price towards their specific usage scenario. It makes it 10x easier going into this blind because the easy part is putting it together. There are a ton of videos out there and IF you don't think you can manage that NCIX will build it for a fee and send you the boxes too. At that point, it's literally a pre-built except you know exactly what's going in your machine and that you got the best hardware for your money.

Yeah, plus Alienware is just a Dell in disguise lol And personally, I don't like Dell. Honestly I'm not a big fan of any brand name company for Desktop machines. It also sounds like you at least built a machine before. I'm guessing you were successful because you did not specify that you weren't, unless that goes along with it was a horror show?

Anyway, I bet 100% that if you just did a bit of research and bought just parts that you can easily put it together. It helps to get a nice custom case as well. Although my friend had an extra PC and left it running without a case haha, but do not do that because that will be risking it all. He only did it because it was extra, and it was for the purpose of being lazy lol.

I would recommend a barebones kit.. you can get fully assembled machines or kits that have parts that you know work together. Takes the guesswork and headache out. Ive build 3 and bought 2 barebones and I bet my next purchase will be barebones because its just that much more convenient. The cost might be slightly higher but I felt like I payed for a convenience. I used to enjoy building PCs, putting parts together, and that sense of accomplishment that comes with completing the build. Recently, however, i have a sense of repitition with building PCs.. it takes time and energy that I would rather spend towards other endeavors. So barebones, for me, it is.

Back
Top Bottom