Getting My First Gaming PC! Need Help!

Ok. Graphics Card has arrived. The rest will be here Thursday.

Also is the Mac keyboard compatible with Windows since it uses Bluetooth?

Ok. Graphics Card has arrived. The rest will be here Thursday.

Also is the Mac keyboard compatible with Windows since it uses Bluetooth?

Is it a wireless keyboard since you mentioned Bluetooth?
I don't see why not as long as your PC is Bluetooth compatible... although some of the keys won't work as intended outside of OS X.

Any reason why you want to keep using your MAC keyboard instead of a windows one or are you trying to stay wireless?

Is it a wireless keyboard since you mentioned Bluetooth?
I don't see why not as long as your PC is Bluetooth compatible... although some of the keys won't work as intended outside of OS X.

Any reason why you want to keep using your MAC keyboard instead of a windows one or are you trying to stay wireless?

Well I am only good with skinny keyed keyboards, small lengthed (such as the Mac one). I bought a small windows keyboard with a slim profile, but the buttons were small and it for sticky keys after 10 minutes of use, so I returned it. I won't have money for a keyboard for a couple weeks so I was just wondering :p

So I got everything, almost done building, but I'm stuck on some wires:

Does this go here, because the cable has one hole filled in while the motherboard has a different one filled in.

The fans wires have 3 hole connectors, but the one place on the other board a video said they go has a 4 prong connection. I also have 2 fans and I only see one connector (bottom left below the letters "FA")

Finally where do these really small cables go?

Last edited:
Google a video on your specific Motherboard, also the motherboard companies home page will have diagram or there usually is a diagram in the packaging ( not always helpful) . The small cables in the last pic go onto your motherboard - they are the start up power button on your case. There are about 8 little pins in 2 rows, and the 2 prong end of those wires pictured fit on them in a certain arrangement. the diagram will show you.

I got the little plugs in place. Still need to find where the big black one goes. When I plug the computer in, a white button that looks like the refresh button glows white. I press it and my Cpu fan turns on and makes a noise like the blades are hitting a wire, which they aren't. I press the button again to turn it off and after the fan stop, the noise stops about a second after which leads me to believe it's the fan motor. Do I really need a new fan?...

Edit: Fixed it

All I need is that black cable, which is a USB 3.0 (the case manual says). My motherboard manual says I have a USB 2.0 "socket" which has 19 pins like my USB 3.0, but one is in a different spot. Is this the reason my Computer won't power on?

Last edited:
You don't have a place for that cable. You have to get a USB3 to USB2 header adapter.
Is this why my computer won't turn on?

I found this, the 3.0 end will fit mine, but the 2.0 end isn't big enough to fit my usb 2.0 socket as it is 2x10 and has one prong missing from the second to the left from the bottom right side. Is there anything I'm missing here?..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom