Changing CPU!

His CPU is slightly overclocked, and his frame rates are practically unplayable with his current settings. To get 45+ you'd need to play on the lowest of settings and at that, what's the point?

Also, I call total ******** on his videos. He's not running the hardware he claims because I made videos on Watch Dogs running different settings, different CPU core tests, and running a highly overclocked GTX 680 got between 50-60fps at 1080p. I also ran "theworse" mod to up my framerates using that other guys texture modified and it only granted me about 5fps. My average was about 50 with high textures, ultra settings, and DoF/Blur off. My VRAM was over 3GB and this guy is only at 1GB. My system RAM usage was also about 3.5GB and his isn't even around 3GB.

Don't believe everything you read or see on the internet. You got your 15% CPU figure off of CPU-World I'm betting and it's wrong. The Q9*** series was nothing more than a die shrink and clock increases. No architectural advantages to increase speed that far. Considering the fact that I've actually owned a Q8200 and Q9550 I might know a thing or two about them.

Bottom line here, I'm not telling you it won't work. Just don't expect miracles like that Youtuber. If he had a more powerful GPU in his claims it would be believable, but he lists a 650 which is pretty weak. My old overclocked 580 got only slightly higher frame rates than what he's claiming to get and it's more powerful than a 660, which is significantly more powerful than a 650.

I am just not aiming ultra gaming on 1080p with my CPU that's my point and all new games are more demending on side of graphic card not processors . I belive this processor has power with good graphic card to play almost all games on atlest low . All tho I will not play all that demending games like BF4, Watchs Dogs, Far Cry 4 , Shadow of Mordor ... I am bulding this to play older games like Mafia 2, L.A. Noire, Alan wake and so on ..

I wasn't denouncing that, and basically that's almost exactly what I said earlier. Any decent GPU with this CPU will grant playability but lower resolutions become more bottlenecked by the CPU. That was my point earlier. Games are extremely GPU dependent but look at this CPU usage on most. Almost 100% across the board.

LA Noire runs kind of like Max Payne 3, it loves CPU but isn't too graphically demanding so should be ok. Can't comment on Alan Wake, but Mafia 2 should be fine. It just all depends on what GPU you'll be using.

I will get Nvidia GTX 460 Golden Sample 1Gb GDDR5 . What you think about that GPU in combo with CPU would that bring solid perfromance to the table on 1440x900 ?

Back
Top Bottom