How exactly do you build your own PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
Now I've seen that almost all of you have built your own PCs. Now I get what it means like you buy all the parts off the net (motherboard, OS, HD, Ram, Video Card, etc.) but how do you put it all together? Do you hire a technichian to do it for you? and if you do, bout how much does it cost?

I'm asking since in a few short months, I'll be planning on building my own PC.

We build them ourselves, it's pretty straight forward, especially if you read the manuals. When I was first building mine, I came here and posted questions and got fast responses... This place and common sense is pretty much all it takes. (Well besides ordinary tools, nothing fancy).

hmm, i buy everything, + big box, puts everything in there at night, and in morning, OMG! my shiny new PC manufactured! Amazingggggggg

well obviously people buying their products built themselves. and cost depends on where are you buying from?

its better you get free training from a PC builder. in tools, you wont be needing any else than philips screw driver - thats it

as there is caution of static electricity, therefore I'll recommend watch someone (a propoer technician) for some days (work voluntarily at some PC building shop), and u'll learn much;)

I think you can learn everything you need from reading some manuals, forums, and online guides, then posting your questions here.
But then again I haven't built my computer yet, so we'll see how that goes. :)

when i built my first comp i bought a PC builder system. it had the mobo set up already and you added the components. it was like taking baby steps. i learned alot from doing taht. now i can build really good systems. but before i did that i still took college courses in building a PC.

heh yeah... if your parts are gonna cost 1500 dollers like mine will be. get a friend or someone help you build... cause thats what im afraid of im not gonna build mine myself cause i dont want to damage anything... alot of money :p

I start out with a mobo and build off of it.And research everything before I start on toms and other sites.I spend about a month research everything to death.Right down to the best heatsync coolest and quitest.If I had the money Id build a new one every month.The one I have now cost me about $1100.00.I set it up with raid,dual memmory,Firewire Blutooth Usb 2,It screems.When it feels slow in a couple of months Ill overclock the sucker and in about a year it will be my daughters.And Ill sell her 2 gig slow computer for more parts.

sPlAtOiD said:
I start out with a mobo and build off of it.

i thought thats the only way to start off? lol... cause everything plugs into the motherboard :p

Theres alot of literature available on the Net to help you learn the process of building your own system.Do some research and learn all you can .PC Mechanic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom