nice machine, BUT....

could i link my desktop to it via usb, put the o.s. into my dvd drive, and transfer the data that way? or would i have to buy an external dvd drive to connect to it? i feel like i am bothering you guys with all these questions. if i am, i apologize. i just have no other source for all things computer.

could i link my desktop to it via usb, put the o.s. into my dvd drive, and transfer the data that way? or would i have to buy an external dvd drive to connect to it? i feel like i am bothering you guys with all these questions. if i am, i apologize. i just have no other source for all things computer.

I don't understand what you mean by link your desktop to it? I thought you did not have an internal dvd drive. If you want to use dvd to install then yes go get the external dvd drive. if not just use usb and the tool that PP Mguire said to use

the only way i knew of to get an o.s. on a machine until now was to use a dvd drive.
If you're installing Win7 or Win8, you can use Microsoft's USB tool that PP linked to:

You use a disc or an ISO and point the application to it. Plugin your flash drive, and point the application to it as well. Let it do it's think and it will make a bootable flash drive for you that you can install from. It's much faster than installing off of a disc drive as well.

Back
Top Bottom