Upgrade to GTX 670 - worth it?

even then reading online load power requirements is somewhere around 617wats of power 80% efficiency on this bronze 750w psu is 600w :/ I previously wrecked one of these psu's by having my 780ti plugged into the two non modular PCI-E 6+2 pin connectors to the card. The end result wasnt good. I then had to connect a third 6+2 pin connectors into one of the modular connections to avoid damaging the replacement psu I was sent. I fear if I was to connect a second 780ti and use the non modular cable and connect the second modular and last pci-e 6+2 pin connector it will fry the psu as it had previously when I was using the two non modular cables for the one card. Each card would have one non modular connection with the second being the modular. From my understanding this evga 750b psu was terribly designed. They even advertise it as a single rail 750w psu but it isnt...

I didnt read to much into when i purchased it. I went to my local ncix store saw a 750w evga psu for 70$ on sale from 109$ and though hey its evga must be good turns out it wasnt :(

Last edited:
What's the actual model? A decent PSU will have a good amount of headroom. For instance you could pull 700w from a Seasonic 620w easy (M1211) so I'd expect a decent eVGA to do 800w easy.

Worst case scenario you're pulling 300w a piece from each card and 100w from your processor. That's only 700w. If your PSU can't handle that with a rated wattage of 750 then you need to get something better. My Seasonic 520w fanless handled both a 7970 GHz and 955BE running full blast without breaking a sweat.

YA I always though it was crappy. I will probably replace it asap for a decent unit in the 150$ range when i can afford it. it feeds really dirty power to. Plugged into a basic power bar my 780ti gets whine out the yingyang if I plug it into my monster power center with clean stage power whine disappears almost completely. What would you recommend from Ncix.com or newegg.ca?

Back
Top Bottom