Is it worth it?

Looks like they all have integrated graphics. I'd rather not have that.
Your APU has integrated graphics......

You don't need to use it if you don't want to. Pop in a dedicated card and it disabled the IGP.

To the TPU link, that is a pretty lame comparison which is why I never use it. The only thing that matters to people there is gaming, and they only have 3 bad examples.

The FX 8350 that I'm looking at does not have integrated graphics. my A10 does, yes, but It was necessary, since I bought it before I picked up a discrete GPU.

The FX 8350 that I'm looking at does not have integrated graphics. my A10 does, yes, but It was necessary, since I bought it before I picked up a discrete GPU.

If you already have a dedicated GPU, then you won't be using the integrated graphics on the Intel chip anyway..

If I'm not going to use the integrated graphics, then I really don't want to pay for them, if it's possible.

If I'm not going to use the integrated graphics, then I really don't want to pay for them, if it's possible.

It's not the integrated graphics you're paying for. You're kinda stuck on the idea that the Intel has integrated graphics...lol. That's not what makes Intel CPU's better for gaming.

I have been told by several techie people that, when given the option, go for CPUs over APUs, as the performance to dollar ratio is much better. Is this not the case?

Well, I obviously need to go back to school on this topic. XD
What makes Intel better than AMD? As far as I can see, their processors have lower clock speeds and fewer cores. Wouldn't that make their products slower?

Back
Top Bottom