Baseband Member
hello to all
smile.gif.pagespeed.ce.8xZGdnoS_z3a203jIflR.gif
im new in this site

i want to ask please i have a Couple of questions

i have a computer with motherboard ASUS P5LD2 SE

and i also have 2 graphics cards

one is NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500 256MB

and the other one is ( As it is written label on it) AF630 -2048D3L2(DDR3) GT630 2048MB 128Bit 1333Mhz PCI-E

i know that my motherboard is maybe old one .. i have it from the year 2006
but this motherboard have a pci express slot and also this two graphics cards have pci express connection

so my first qustion is

1) which one from this two graphics cards is better ...? ( faster , good performance ? ? From your perspective .. and Your experience ?

my second qustion is

2 ) how do i know which graphics card from this two will support on my motherboard ?
Because what i see on the asus site specifications of my motherboard is Expansion Slots that i have this :

1 xPCI-E x16
2 xPCI-E x1
3 xPCI

i dont know what is mean when pci is X1 OR X16 ?
so if someone can help me with this and tell me about this numbers and also if my graphics card will supprot on my motherboard

I want to say I appreciate your help and want to Thanks in advance everyone
xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.CwSpBGGvqNOe77ohe1vM.png

http://www.asus.com/...specifications/
(this is the site page of my motherboard model)

According to a little research, the AF630 blah-blah is actually a GeForce GT630, with 2048 MB of DDR3 RAM. Of the two cards you listed, The GT is much newer (released some time in April of 2011, vs April of 2006 for the Quadro). The Quadro uses GDDR3 RAM (faster clock speeds), but is limited by being old (as far as GPUs go). The GT630 also supports PCIe 2.0, where the Quadro does not.

See the two images below for a comparison of your two cards against others on the market.

Quadro:
bB3U9bQ.png

GT630:
Zx0MBIW.png

-----
Since you said that your motherboard is kind of old, I don't know if it can support the GT630, (and have no way of checking, since your link is broken :p).

To answer your latter question, PCIe 16x has 16 'lanes' for data to travel through, where as standard PCIe has only 1. If given the choice, always put a graphics card in a PCIe x16 slot.

Tl;dr:

According to benchmarks, the GT630 is much better than the Quadro FX, but the age of your motherboard might cause it to be incompatible with the GT630 (Can't tell for sure, don't know what your motherboard is).

Last edited:
:) thanks guys

I really appreciate Your help

by the way sorry for the broken link .

hope this link was ok
Motherboards - P5LD2 SE - ASUS

what are the difference between GDDR3 AND DDR3 RAM ?

and what is the PCIe 2.0 ? the quadro fx 1500 support this ?

the first thing I want to say is that when I to plug the gt 630 to my motherboard and do turn on my pc the screen was black
in the next following attempts the computer is start and screen was ok but after some work with my pc the computer Stuck .
I don't know how to fix it ?
somebody have an idea ?

thanks again

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom