why is AMD as fast as INTEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
K well here's a quick question im getting my own system now which processer Brand should i go with, AMD or Intel?

Regulus said:
Oh man, that REALLY stinks...limits on processsors and hard drives...

i dont think so :)
my bet is proc's will start using fiber optic, ive also read something in an RPI mag (where most of my family went to college) about using new T-rays or something? strange.

but as for HDs my bet is we'll eventually use crystals to store data. maybe i've just been watching too much stargate, lol :p

3lite Bullet said:
K well here's a quick question im getting my own system now which processer Brand should i go with, AMD or Intel?

if you want games and general use definitely go AMD, best bang for your buck... if you are photo-editting and video editting go intel.. simple as that...

ShadowDragon said:
so why dont amd make a processor with a clock speed as fast as intel? would that not make it very good as the clock speed is high and it does more with that speed too?

No, it is because they have to reason to make them as fast. AMD focuses on architecture, not on MHZ. AMD does more work on each cycle, so that is why they rock.
Better anology:

You have a little truck that goes 30MPH and can carry 30LB, and a big truck that goes 15MPH, but can carry 60LB. Both trucks have to carry 120LB from start to finish. The little one will have to make more trips back and forth (MHZ) but it does it faster, and the big truck does only 2 trips but can carry more (AMD ;) ). Both trucks will finish at the same time, even if the smaller truck (Intel) is faster (more MHZ) ;)

Leonidas said:
if you want games and general use definitely go AMD, best bang for your buck... if you are photo-editting and video editting go intel.. simple as that...

I don't get how Intel is better for editing? Maya works PERFECTLY well on my AMD, better than the stupid INTELZ at school which lagg like bull $h!t even in wireframe mode, when my kool AMD is smooth even with the surfaces shaded :p :p :p :p

AMD CPU's aren't really as good with numbers than Intel, but they are better with gaming
I would say that AMD design their CPU's with the gamer in mind

it would still lag in wireframe mode because it is the CPU that processes all the polygons before the video card colours and shades them

he was saying intel sucks on the lowest settings, whereas his AMD kills on higher settings... however he doesnt tell us which processor and other system specs so im not too horribly impressed :D

I know that, I was saying that a slower processor would still be slow in wireframe mode because the polygons are processed by the CPU, but the GPU would have less load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom