Gaming/Video Editing Desktop... to build or not to build

That up there is too much machine for what you want honestly. I'll build you something else when I get to work.

Gamers don't game on two screens, but they can game on 3 in Surround or Eyefinity. Not really worth the hassle, and the games you want to play more than likely won't support it.

I personally require 2 monitors for at home and work. Don't like to use a computer without 2 screens.

Edit: How serious of video editing?

Last edited:
That up there is too much machine for what you want honestly. I'll build you something else when I get to work.

Gamers don't game on two screens, but they can game on 3 in Surround or Eyefinity. Not really worth the hassle, and the games you want to play more than likely won't support it.

I personally require 2 monitors for at home and work. Don't like to use a computer without 2 screens.

Edit: How serious of video editing?

Alright, so I'll go with one screen, thanks ^w^

What do you mean you will build me something??

I'm not looking for something to make the next big blockbuster, just looking for something so that I can have some fun with my hobby. I have worked with Imovie before and another program that I just can't remember the name of (XP) and those were fine with me. Mostly I do home movies, and I hope to make them good enough to post on Youtube or some site like that. (I know I can put BS on Youtube and it be fine but I actually want to post something with a bit of quality so it will probably be some time before I actually post something.)

What do you mean you will build me something??

He means he will put together a parts list for a build (if you want to build yourself) that will suit your needs better without costing a lot.

If you don't want to do a build yourself...then you could order parts from NCIX.US and they offer to build it for you for an extra fee ($20 I think? could be a little more) - but that takes all of the fun out of it ;).

He means he will put together a parts list for a build (if you want to build yourself) that will suit your needs better without costing a lot.

If you don't want to do a build yourself...then you could order parts from NCIX.US and they offer to build it for you for an extra fee ($20 I think? could be a little more) - but that takes all of the fun out of it ;).

Thanks ^w^

I found a computer that someone else built and is selling. Here are all of the specs of the computer they posted.

dual core processor - 8gb memory - 2x 250gb hard drives - 2x dvd rw - SD card reader - nice video card with vga + dvi & hdmi ports plus 10 usb ports
Can also include WiFi card if needed. Running Windows 7 Pro - ccleaner - malwarebytes - security essentials + open office.

Do you think it would fit my needs?

Duel core could mean 10 years old, and nice video card means it works, nothing more and could be a $25 card when new. Most ad that vague are usually by either someone who hasn't a clue about computers or someone who found one in the trash and got it cleaned up enough to sell to someone who doesn't have a lie for a quick buck.

LOL no, don't buy it.

If anything, go with what was linked before. Substitute the Toshiba drive for a WD or HGST. Substitute the eVGA PSU for a Seasonic 520w M1211, and sub the MX100 SSD for a Samsung EV0 840.

Back
Top Bottom