Upgrade to GTX 670 - worth it?

my 780ti paid for my 970. got rid of it once finally asus replaced it cuz of all the bad luck i had with asus tech department. nothing but constant issue. im glad im back to evga and i will have a second 970 im getting off a friend in a week or so for $200 so 970 sli for a total of $550 pretty good deal.

I think it might be better to get the 980 instead if going SLI with the 970...

is worth it to me for the price im getting the second one, but for him not really. only reason i got rid of my 780it was cuz of how bad the asus rma went for so long

Last edited:
going sli on the 970 side will cost me nearly as much as a single 980... Going from a 780ti to a 980 yields barely any performance increase. see video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2QpCtsL5L0

Looking at review online 780ti sli runs nearly identical to 970 sli yet offers me the opportunity to not have to purchase a new power supply(150$ cost) will emit less heat as well as match 780ti sli performance this is why I would look towards the 970 sli route. Yes the 970 in games not optimized for sli will perform significantly slower than a 780ti but games that do optimize for sli will max out the 144hz 1080p BenQ monitor I have. I am how ever optimistic that by the point I have the cash to run this upgrade path there might be a GM200 based card out which if true according to rumors will offer 50% performance increase over the 780ti/titan black! My last option is to just straight up water cool my 780ti and run a custom bios and get that bugger clocked past 1300mhz.

I can get. My 970 t0 1500mhz np. Without messing with the voltage. Dude im so exited to get that sli 970 in a few days if everything works out. Would love to mess with 1440 again but im waiting on the oculus lol.

Yes the 970 OC's like a beast, Just testing got mine to slightly over 1500 and ran stable. I wonder how the 970 vrs the 780TI would compare after both OC'ed to there limits, 780TI def has a edge on the 970 stock but the 970 easily OC's

I would normaly agree PP but my 750w psu is a multi-rail 750w bronze efficiency psu. I imagine if I was to run 780ti sli on this psu I might have to use the actual molex to 9 pin adapter to split the rails properly.

Back
Top Bottom