If money was no object...

People buy them because they don't know any better. They see a cheap price tag and think oh this is a good computer for so cheap.

^ This too. definitely this

This also crossed my Mind but I wasn't sure if people were actually that dumb and more importantly if Company would get away with the XP being advertised despite being Retired.

^ They can still sell XP computers.. but can't sell any new keys or new discs, since it isn't supported by MS anymore :tongue:

Plus, 99.99% of the sellers on the likes of eBay and Amazon are third party, they could care less if the computer has XP :tongue:

Unlimited budget, I could personally get upto about $30,000, though it wouldn't be meant for desktop use, more or less server... 6TB and 8TB disks are not cheap, nor are server motherboards, RAM, nor the SAS controllers. I could honestly see $30,000 going into hard drives alone.

We should make a new thread and vote on it, everyone who would build a gaming system with links to all parts and see who could come up with the most in sane system and see total cost, But keep it gaming oriented so server MB would be pointless.

We should make a new thread and vote on it, everyone who would build a gaming system with links to all parts and see who could come up with the most in sane system and see total cost, But keep it gaming oriented so server MB would be pointless.
:lol:

Sorry, but I don't see an 8TB SSD or higher floating around unless it occupies a PCI-e slot...
Money is no object, combine a ton of 1-2TB drives.

Back
Top Bottom