death

i removed the covers on the bottom of the computer just to have a look around. i found a grey wire not connected to anything.
a>
21uYCpy.jpg
[/IMG]
Z6y2KJJ.jpg
[/IMG] the first image is just for reference to which way the computer is sitting. the second image has the screwdriver pointed at the wire, exactly where it was when i opened the cover. the third was to show where i thought maybe it went, but upon closer examination, the wire has a push on type connector, not a solder on. so i am not sure where it goes, or if it even needs to go somewhere on this model. but as tight as space is inside of these (so i have been told), extra wires does not seem likely. i am not really even sure what the other two wires are connected to. i have only been inside of desktops, and this seems like it would be equivalent to a coroner doing an autopsy on an alien life form.

That grey wire is just an extra (unused) antenna cable for a Wireless-N card.

If your wifi card (where the black/white antenna wires are currently connected to) was an wireless-N car (yours is a G card), then it would use the grey cable.

i removed all the screws (that i could find) from the bottom of the case, but the case does not want to come off. if it was sitting on your lap like you were going to use it, the closest left corner is pretty free, the closest right corner will separate, but not nearly to the degree the left one will. the are there hidden screws under the rubber pads it sits on? does the dvd drive need to be open? am i missing something basic? i hate to start prying when i know that i do not know how to remove it. one thing age and experience brings is patience. its far better to wait a few more hours, than to have to buy a new case.

i removed all the screws (that i could find) from the bottom of the case, but the case does not want to come off. if it was sitting on your lap like you were going to use it, the closest left corner is pretty free, the closest right corner will separate, but not nearly to the degree the left one will. the are there hidden screws under the rubber pads it sits on? does the dvd drive need to be open? am i missing something basic? i hate to start prying when i know that i do not know how to remove it. one thing age and experience brings is patience. its far better to wait a few more hours, than to have to buy a new case.

Usually you need to remove the DVD drive (should slide ride out with a bit of a tug if you removed the screw securing it down). Sometimes there's screws holding down part of the chassis as well on under the DVD drive, near the hole.

After all the screws are removed, usually all that holds the case in place are plastic clips that you have to be careful not to break.

Would be a good idea for you to lookup a teardown video for your model of laptop on YouTube if you can find one.

Would be a good idea for you to lookup a teardown video for your model of laptop on YouTube if you can find one.

now THAT was GREAT advice! and then you went and looked it up! you can't even buy that kind of service! T H A N K S !!!

Back
Top Bottom