Cooling Advice

I had to make some alterations to the build in order to compensate for the GTX 760 being out of stock in almost every retailer I could think of. So now I'm getting a GTX 970, but I had to sacrifice the SSD in favour of a 7200 RPM HDD so that I could afford it :(

PP, the 960 won't be released in Australia for effin ages. It took the 700 series cards weeks to get here after the US got em.

I haven't bought the parts yet ahaha, and I'm not willing to wait weeks. I need my laptop cleared and ready for school only, and all my games moved over to the desktop so that I do not get distracted by the games in my classes, because if the games are there, I'll want to play them, not do school work. I'm eliminating that variable.

Tomorrow or Friday will be my parts buying day. That means they should arrive by Tuesday next week, which gives me 3 days to get everything running before I go back to school.

Plus, the 970 is a better card anyway, I'm not worried about the pricing as I've sorted it out.

Last edited:
Except you're building a high budget rig without an SSD, that's an issue to me. I mean the 760 is a good card but eh. Your rig so if you want to suffer with a HDD that's on you.

Once u experience an ssd as ur main for os. Ull never want to go back to regular hdd

thing is guys, Windows 8 and the coming Windows 10 all boot in under 6 seconds with a HDD or an SSD. So really, to me it's irrelevant. But I will end up getting an SSD later on like Carnage said, but I just cannot do it right now. Just like I'll probably buy some more fans, because now I've only got the two case fans that come with the 200R plus the intel stock cooler. GPU is a reference blower design so that won't be spitting heat back into my case, I'll have the PSU fan face down, with the tower elevated off the ground, so the PSU isn't putting heat into the case, So really the only thing contributing a major amount of heat to the actual case will be the HDD and the CPU.

Back
Top Bottom