Weird noise in headphones !

Mare11

Baseband Member
Hello everyone I am new here I hope someone here can help me out!
Today I changed my CPU from Intel Celeron E3300 to Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 all is wroking fine except headphones on front panel (3.5mm) which were working there.
Problem is that I hear weird noise it's ignorant and constant I tried with other headphones it is same I also tried hundred different tweeking in Realtek HD audio menager no help . Noise is a like a long beep . But headphones are working you can hear this noise only when there is nothing played or there is a pause in song or something like that but I am sure beeping is still there even when something else like music is playing .
Here is img of headphones : http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/971/938/408/408938971_079.JPG
Old for nokia phones but I love them :D

I am also using this "adapter" : http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mbZu-dqpDZTrkOQC1Hak0Zw.jpg Because sound can't be good unless this is used or button on headphones constantly pressed .

All is working ok on back panel even mic is wroking fine on front panel . There is one strange thing when I pull out "adapter" there is no noise but sound is not good until I press button on headphones ( reason I bought "adapter" ) .
Motherborad is MSI G41M4-L even updated bios to latest version it didn't helped.
Thanks for reading ! :sleep:

You may need to update your audio drivers. Also while you switched out the processor make sure you did not pop out the front audio panel connector and plug it in somewhere else. If you have the mobo diagram you will see where that connection is made. I have also had issues before with front panel connectors. I pretty much just opened the machine back up and made sure all connections were properly connected and in the right spot.

You may need to update your audio drivers. Also while you switched out the processor make sure you did not pop out the front audio panel connector and plug it in somewhere else. If you have the mobo diagram you will see where that connection is made. I have also had issues before with front panel connectors. I pretty much just opened the machine back up and made sure all connections were properly connected and in the right spot.

+1 Double check to make sure the front audio connector isn't loose or something similar.

Drivers are up to date so there is no softwere issue in my opinion . Yeah there is no other option I must open case again and see cables. I didn't mess with them but I'll have to check it because it's only solution I wanted to edit post to write about cables but you guys were faster then me :) . I was hoping for other solution because I were too lazy to open case again :D
Nevertheless big thanks for fast response !

Back
Top Bottom