Is this good ram!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corsair is better quality though.
It's not better quality at the moment if OCZ can not only OC better, but also outperform it speed wise.

maybe some ppl dont care about oc'ing
Then those people really don't need a 1gb kit of Platinum series Rev2 sticks since it costs $275 for that. That's what you're paying for with those sticks is not only how fast they already are, but their overall capabilities including overclocking whether you use it or not.

So in short, right now corsair is 2nd best in quality compared to the OCZ platinum series rev2 otherwise like both I and 4W4K3 have said, corsair would be able to OC as high or close to it, and not only that, run the same MHz at the same voltage, but as he said Corsair needs .1 more Dimm voltage than the OCZ to run at the same MHz.

I have never seen ANY corsair brand get 280+MHz OC whereas the OCZ sticks I'm talking about have.

im pretty sure they will make a new series now since ocz is pwning them. So im just gonna wait, cause ive always gone w/ corsair and theyve always came out on top.

P.P. Mguire said:
im pretty sure they will make a new series now since ocz is pwning them. So im just gonna wait, cause ive always gone w/ corsair and theyve always came out on top.

how do they always come out on top if with every new line of RAM another brand pwns them and they have to start back at the drawing board? that and it's more expensive...i've never thought of Corsair as best bang for buck like OCZ or Patriot.

Ur dad is just a corsair fan, just accept that OCZ is better, oof course each company is going to come out with new products.. So is OCZ.. Wich is probably going to be as good if not better than the next corsair product...

P.P. Mguire said:
havent been around long have you? i go by my dads 30 somethin years of computer tech.

that's great your dad is a computer tech. so is mine. hes a LAN Manager at Fidelity Investments and has been in the "computer world" since before i was born. i'm sure they both know what they are talking about. and im sure your dad can back up his claim to Corsair..

But with 5 mins of research i can see:

OCZ is cheaper, faster, less voltage, and more widely accepted in the overclocking world as #1. Corsair is more expensive, slower, hotter, and recently has fallen behind in the overclocking world. It still has its fans obviously...but it's not doing as well as it used to.

yea, but corsair always manges to make its name up somehow. thats how they beat the kingston hyperX craze. They always find a way, but like i said earlier its all in personal preference.

P.P. Mguire said:
yea, but corsair always manges to make its name up somehow. thats how they beat the kingston hyperX craze. They always find a way, but like i said earlier its all in personal preference.

they beat kingston bcuz it sucked/had alot of compatibility issues with newer boards. every brand is going to EVENTUALLY get "beat" it's called new technology. jsut cuz' they head back to the top doesn't necessarily mean they are improving...they are just staying in business. Corsair has always been towards the top, and when it first came out it was at the top for a while.

But now that companies are realizing overclockers are a bigger part of the market, they make there RAM JUST for us. Corsair is still making value RAM and trying to help the little guy, mainly why they have to sell there top of the line RAM for more than say Patriot (new to the business but shooting to the top). OCZ has proved to be able to make there performance RAM cheaper, while having it still beat higher priced RAM's. all the while still making there value series RAM.

I don;t think Corsair can keep up unless they lower there prices and up there performance...which is hard to do because alot of people have stopped buying there RAM and they will lose money. there RAM will get even more inflated and they might have to stop competing with the bigger brands.

just my observations over the years...

P.P. Mguire said:
still just personal preference, plus im prolly gonna go to ocz and also buy their ddr booster. is it any good and how is it supposed to work?

yup, all about what you think is best in the long run.

DDR Booster is tricky, as it is only compatible with certain boards and you might lose DC-mode when its installed. Also very easy to fry your RAM's. But...

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/power_management/ocz_ddr_booster_diagnostic_device

Google for reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom