Cooling Advice

luke127

The Ghost
Ok so I've decided that since I live in a hot climate, (in summer it can get to 40 degrees celsius, or more!) it might be better if I got the Superclocked EVGA with ACX Cooler. So with this in mind, I've got this build setup:

Intel Core i5-4460, EVGA GeForce GTX 760, Corsair 200R - System Build - PCPartPicker Australia

I have the money to buy within 4 days, assuming that the money transfers to mums bank account within 2 days, and then to the credit card within 2 days.

Budget is $1265 AUD (including shipping. So minus $66.60 from that to get the money I have to spend on parts)

I wouldn't as it'll heat up the rest of your machine and will need to run higher to keep cooler. There's a reason I only buy reference blower designs, and that being I want ALL heat expelled out of my case.

Wouldn't that mean that the card runs hotter though? Simply because the cooling isn't as efficient as some of the other aftermarket coolers?

Actually, on the Nvidia reference coolers they are as good or better IMO like on my 980. Linus has a video on this very subject that you should go check out.

I did end up finding it 5 mins after I made that post XD Anyways, his demo is designed for a worst case scenario, but I think that the Corsair 200R is a far better case than the one he used haha. But I think I'll go with the reference design simply for lower case temperatures, and after all I am only running a GTX 760, so it won't put out as much heat as say a 780 Ti or a 970.

So with all this research out of the way, I'll be ordering my parts tonight :)

Last edited:
Not necessarily, because it takes a lot of case air flow that most people won't go the lengths of doing just to properly exhaust all the heat coming from a high powered GPU.

A GTX 970 actually doesn't put that much more heat out than a 760.

The Corsair 200r is a fair better case, and pretty soon probably tomorrow night I'll be testing a 970 mated to it.

Back
Top Bottom