MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum vs ABIT AV8 3rd eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
Which of these MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum vs ABIT AV8 3rd eye is better and what are their streangths and weaknesses

I say they are both good quality and stable boards. You really can't go wrong with either. Both offer a nice amount of BIOS options if you choose to overclock although without water cooling for these 64's I don't know how far you'd get it. The MSI board I believe has 8 channel audio compared to ABit's has 7.1 Channel, but are you really going to have an 8 channel setup anyway? The MSI has dual onboard LAN, but once again it's not likely that you'll need that feature. I always suggest both of those boards anytime anyone asks for a socket 939 board so really I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Yeah i agree, i under estimated the MSI before. Im down with the Abit for over clocking 64 bits. But each of these boards are great.

uhh nubios, inst 7.1 8 channel? as there are 7 speakers and 1 base meaning 7.1 meaning 8 channel. :D I have the av8 3rd eye. its 6 channel, not 7 or 8 tho. meaning u can get 5.1 max out of it, does really matter tho. They both are very nice motherboards. Both have nice bios options. The abit comes with the Uguru clock witch i think is awsome. Very usefull. u get temps, even room temps, cpu frequency and all.

uhh nubios, inst 7.1 8 channel? as there are 7 speakers and 1 base meaning 7.1 meaning 8 channel. I have the av8 3rd eye. its 6 channel,
Nah U-toast I simply messed up I meant 6 channel instead of 7.1 but I was going off my memory (obviously messed up :p ) but yeah I just simply thought it said 7.1 at the abit website. I didn't look that second to confirm it, I just knew there was a difference between the boards regarding onboard. So basically I believe the ABit has 6 channel, like you said :) and the MSI has 8 channel, that's what I meant.

The abit comes with the Uguru clock witch i think is awsome.
Yeah the uGuru is a pretty nice feature and ABit even has literally a clock that you can connect to the computer so it's a little clock that sits next to you with all your temps, OC options, and all that jazz.

MSI has something called the Corecenter that works like uGuru, but I don't believe is as thorough and doesn't have as many options. It does read temps and fan speeds and offers a little OC'ing options but nothing like uGuru

hehe its ok nubius, we all make mistakes. hehe. Yea the uguru really is a nice thing to have

thnx guys. i was tinkin i would go with the Abit cos its a $100 cheaper than the MSI just wonderin if the MSI was that much better. btw im in Australia so the prices are differant to US and stuff.

oh yeah that makes sense, here they are both the same price so really it doesn't matter which one you get unless you are really picky. Since there's a nice price difference in those two for you then I'd say get the Abit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom