Possible ram issue (bluescreen related)

To be perfecttly honest its best that you don't mix and match different memory brands.
I did that in the past with my old intel builds and the results always had windows or the whole machine getting out of sync.
DDR3 is more forgiving than DDR2 was, so that's not much of an issue nowadays.

The crucial one would be better for gaming, you'll noticed the difference if you do online matches that are intense.
You'll never notice a slight increase in memory speed like that, that it would make a dramatic difference in anything other than benchmark scores (if that).

My mobo doesn't claim to support 8gb sticks of ram. This is my mobo

Buy the ASUS M4A88T-M Motherboard at TigerDirect.ca

It states it supports 16gb at 4gb per slot. So I am inclined to believe that limitation. Or would they state that just because there might not have been 8gb sticks of ddr3 ram at the time this board was released.

My mobo doesn't claim to support 8gb sticks of ram. This is my mobo

Buy the ASUS M4A88T-M Motherboard at TigerDirect.ca

It states it supports 16gb at 4gb per slot. So I am inclined to believe that limitation. Or would they state that just because there might not have been 8gb sticks of ddr3 ram at the time this board was released.

If they told tiger direct and newegg that I'm pretty sure it does.

ASUS M4A88T-M/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com
Also to further prove that and show you which memory will work view this.
Those that have 4 star or 5 star thats your best chance of the memory working.
Go with which memory brand treats you right, I go with kingston because of performance for amd chips.
I go crucial for intel when you work with video productivity or anything intense needed to be done on a strict time limit.
@carnage: if you read this don't start up another debate about it. -thank you-
Asus M4A88T-M Micro ATX AM3 Motherboard Compatible Memory - PCPartPicker

mmm'k from what I gather there is that this motherboard can support 8gb modules but can address no more than 16gb of total memory. I guess if that is true Tigerdirect's specs are a little off but still somewhat correct in saying a grand total of 16gb.

Back
Top Bottom