First Build, You'll prolly like this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forchunet

In Runtime
Alright I've been planning and saving for this for months. Only 15 so i dont have a big budget. 600 now prolly 750 when i buy whatever i get next week. Heres the parts and links to them.

Mobo - CHAINTECH nForce3 VNF3-250 $75
Specs

VidCard - CHAINTECH nVidia GeForce 6600GT $198 Specs

PSU - POWMAX Demon 480W $27 Specs

CPU - AMD Athlon 64 3000+ $148 Specs

HD - 36.7 WD 10,000RPM $109
Specs

Mem - Geil Value Series 184 Pin 512MB PC-3200 $81.65 Specs

Floppy, Mouse, Keyboard - w/e... $20
Case - w/e $30
CD-RW - $20

Total - $708

Final note - I am planning on upgrading this so keeping it fairly cheap now is ok. Im eventually gonna get another 512mb, and a DVD-RW so yea. Any suggestions yall? And did I forget any main parts... hope not lol.

Is this for stock, or overclocking?

If you have the extra cash...

1. 3200 CPU, small upgrade but i think it'd be worth it unless the price diff. is huge.

2. OCZ, Patriot, Corsair RAM. I never had luck with Geil...might run fine for you though. Also Value series of these RAM's might save you ~$20.

3. Bigger HD? 40GB is pretty small...of course that depends on what you do/use.

Overall nice system at those specs providing it all works:) Good call on the vid card, i want one myself with the new setup when i get it.

Thanks, I forgot to say i also plan to get another 36.7 HD so that'll be like 80, i dont plan to have a lot on the comp and i have a 40 gb right now that is packed with stuff i dont need and is still not even half full. so yea. anybody else got suggestions.

Yes I do plan to overclock, it will be my first experience in overclocking so im not gonna go extreme with it...

Forchunet said:
Thanks, I forgot to say i also plan to get another 36.7 HD so that'll be like 80, i dont plan to have a lot on the comp and i have a 40 gb right now that is packed with stuff i dont need and is still not even half full. so yea. anybody else got suggestions.

Yes I do plan to overclock, it will be my first experience in overclocking so im not gonna go extreme with it...

ah OK...2HD's is good. you could run a RAID configuration if u wanted for faster transfer.

If you think the Geil will do good, go for it. I've seen them do well and i;ve seen them do horrible lol. Your call on those, and your budgets call:) You can always RMA if they turn out to be REALLY bad...but i think you can get a lil' overclocking out of them if they prve to be decent.

yeah i spent 2 hours looking at RAM today and the Geil had 200+ reviews, a lot good, couple of RMA's so i guess i'll try them out. I was originally gonna go with Mushkin, or Crucial but decided against it. We'll just see what happens i guess.
thanks, anybody else got some 2 cents?

Forchunet said:
yeah i spent 2 hours looking at RAM today and the Geil had 200+ reviews, a lot good, couple of RMA's so i guess i'll try them out. I was originally gonna go with Mushkin, or Crucial but decided against it. We'll just see what happens i guess.
thanks, anybody else got some 2 cents?

were you looking at newegg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom