Possible ram issue (bluescreen related)

mikee

Fully Optimized
I came back from lunch today only to find that my computer had restarted while I was gone so I looked in the event viewer and found that it restarted because of a bluescreen. When I look at it in Bluescreenreview I see something regarding MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. So I ran memtest86+ and it came back with one red bar. I don't know what else to call it. I couldn't take a screenshot.
This same blue screen seems to have happened a month ago according to BSR could this be something to worry about? I looked up failing memtest 86 on YT and it showed many items in red but for me there was just one.

I came back from lunch today only to find that my computer had restarted while I was gone so I looked in the event viewer and found that it restarted because of a bluescreen. When I look at it in Bluescreenreview I see something regarding MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. So I ran memtest86+ and it came back with one red bar. I don't know what else to call it. I couldn't take a screenshot.
This same blue screen seems to have happened a month ago according to BSR could this be something to worry about? I looked up failing memtest 86 on YT and it showed many items in red but for me there was just one.

Any errors at all indicates a memory problem. Did it identify the stick? If not..you'll have to re-run Memtest86+ on each stick, one at a time until you find the offending stick.

It could either be a stick problem or a slot problem on the board itself. Start by testing 1 at a time, all in the same slot. If none give errors, then move to the next slot and repeat.

so basically I did another memtest86+ test this time with a new version of memtest86+ for usb.

The last run was using the older version that came with hiren's boot cd that I had laying round for 4 years. This new version turned up no errors. What's going on here? it did one pass and is still going on a second pass. So I have a few questions, is it possible that an old version can throw a false error? , I don't know how well you can interpret those bsod messages but can the MEMORY MANAGEMENT error be ram error or something software related in windows. As you can see the MEMORY bsods are a month apart but for the same thing. If ram is bad wouldn't the problem arise more often? The bsod from today happened while I was gone and the computer was idle.

Post a higher-res version of the photo man - I can't make out the Parameters for the bugchecks.

if you click on the image it takes u to photobucket then click the magnifying glass then it goes full size. its in 1080p but the forum downsized it

Bug Check 0x1A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (Windows Debuggers)
0x41790
A page table page has been corrupted. On a 64 bit version of Windows, parameter 2 contains the address of the PFN for the corrupted page table page. On a 32 bit version of Windows, parameter 2 contains a pointer to the number of used PTEs, and parameter 3 contains the number of used PTEs.

Bug Check 0x1E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (Windows Debuggers)
0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
A memory access violation occurred. (Parameter 4 of the bug check is the address that the driver attempted to access.)

You could try disabling your pagefile, reboot, re-enable it and set it to a custom-fixed size where the min/max are the same size so that it can't adjust and possibly corrupt.

Also, Usually you want Memtest86+ to run for several passes - the longer the better. 4 hours minimum, overnight is recommended.

crap an error popped up on the second pass. I took a photo of it

so this is still bad even with just the one error? its in the 5000MB range does this also mean its the 2nd stick since I have 2x4gb?

Yes, that means it's bad.

You can keep using it if you want - but you're just going to keep getting errors/BSOD's and it will eventually just get worse. So you might as well replace it.

You can verify it's the stick and not the slot by trying another stick of RAM in there and re-running Memtest.

Back
Top Bottom