Please Overlook! Final PC List

Status
Not open for further replies.
not really. Just get the XMS w/ the lower latencies cause if you really want it you can get it later. And if you really want you can reset the latencies yourself in the bios. remember though dont get to crazy.

Yes there is a noticable different between 2-2-2-5 and 2-3-3-6. If you get very good 2-3-3-6 you can overclock it to higher freequencies or latencies, as you can with the 2-2-2-5 :D. Its up to you, you pc will rock with any ram.

EDIT: the lowest altencies you can get stock are 2-2-2-5 1t command rate.

Sheesh, maybe I will just get 1 512mb stick of 3200XL for now or something, or move down to the 6600 GT.
I just can't have the absolute best of everything. Thanks for suggestion though.

If you only game alot and are not real tech svy and just want a fast machine then you will realize that latencies dont mean much unless you just want to get THE best out of your machine. Anything you get would still make your machine fast so dont worry about it.

U-Toast said:
DO NOT GO DOWN TO 6600 GT

YIPES! You scurred me!

*Smack Head*
I knew I forgot something! SPEAKERS! Dag, nabbit, I have to cut back.
I suppose I will cut back to the 6600 GT to buy the speakers, and with the left-over money buy the lower-latency RAM.

:( I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY! :(
$1500 was my budget and I'm already tilting over.

Unless there is something else I can cut back that will then allow for cheap 5.1 speakers (recommendations on that also appreciated.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom