Getting My First Gaming PC! Need Help!

No it is slightly less performing, but also cheaper in which case for a tide you over card it'll do fine while not costing too much.

You need either Windows 7 or 8.1, doesn't matter one. It's a disc that holds your operating system and a license key. It will cost you 100 bucks which I did have planned for in the original system I linked but since you don't have your full 950 you quoted you'll have to just wait until later.

You don't need an SSD now as I linked a 1TB HDD. Honestly you should just wait until you have all your money. Don't be impatient as now you're spending more money just to be impatient.

Ok, well I may just wait some more time. Also I just need to know what CD drives are compatible with my setup, you know any?

Exactly what I wanted to do. Here is the card im looking at (It's refurbished because im only going to use it for 3-4 months): EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2662-RX GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Manufactured Recertified - Newegg.com
Is this compatible with the parts I am going to use? I really just want this computer to be at least little better than my Mac, and because it runs on Windows (Which has all the games/software). I know that it will be more than just a little better than my Mac though :p

I've got a new sealed gtx 660 $120 shipped within USA. if interested PM me.

Ok, so I'm pretty sure I have enough now to buy the PC, but I'm still going to wait a little. Do I need any fans to mount on my case since I will only have the CPU fan? Also Ive seen these speakers that attach to the mother board, do I need one? Finally, Is this case compatible with my parts: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153 ? (It comes w/ 3 fans!)

EDIT: do all these items support windows 8.1 64bit?

Last edited:
Don't worry about case fans. The Corsair 200r is a better case and comes with 2. That's all you need. You don't need a motherboard speaker.

Yes Windows 8.1 supports all the items.

Back
Top Bottom