Getting My First Gaming PC! Need Help!

Refresh doesn't = FPS or vice verse.

Also, should have said something about a future build in which I'd quote myself.

Since nothing is happening currently besides CES announces the list might not change much, but I bet when you can actually purchase the parts a part or two will need to be changed.

Thanks for the info. I can't actually find this project for another 2 months because of my other hobbies so I will have to settle for a graphics card in the $250+ price range. Any ones that excel above others? Newegg.com links are appreciated.

All 700 series are pretty much more expensive than the 970. Like I said, the 970 combats the 780ti which is still 400+ dollars. A 970 creams the 780 and 770. A 660 is just......old now.

All 700 series are pretty much more expensive than the 970. Like I said, the 970 combats the 780ti which is still 400+ dollars. A 970 creams the 780 and 770. A 660 is just......old now.

Exactly this bad are they? I am using my 2008ish Mac mini until I get this and I would think that it uses a 660 or below.

Well, it's a Mac. It's automatically low on the game table. Trust me, just wait until you can afford the 970. Or buy your parts now THEN get the 970 when you have the money.

Or buy your parts now THEN get the 970 when you have the money.

Exactly what I wanted to do. Here is the card im looking at (It's refurbished because im only going to use it for 3-4 months): EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2662-RX GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Manufactured Recertified - Newegg.com
Is this compatible with the parts I am going to use? I really just want this computer to be at least little better than my Mac, and because it runs on Windows (Which has all the games/software). I know that it will be more than just a little better than my Mac though :p

Is the 750ti better than a 660? Also while asking more advice form my cousin, he said I still need Windows 8.1 (Which I didn't know costs money..). When you buy it is it like a piece you put inside your comp, or is it like a code? I also need a SSD and a CD drive. Anyone of you guys know of decent ones? (Running very low on funds after having to buy an operating system..)

Last edited:
No it is slightly less performing, but also cheaper in which case for a tide you over card it'll do fine while not costing too much.

You need either Windows 7 or 8.1, doesn't matter one. It's a disc that holds your operating system and a license key. It will cost you 100 bucks which I did have planned for in the original system I linked but since you don't have your full 950 you quoted you'll have to just wait until later.

You don't need an SSD now as I linked a 1TB HDD. Honestly you should just wait until you have all your money. Don't be impatient as now you're spending more money just to be impatient.

Back
Top Bottom