Looking for ram that will work on my motherboard (pc noob help plz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wezze

Beta member
Ok I have a pentium 4 1.8ghz and 256 sdram (yes SDram no DDram)

Now what I would like to do is upgrade my pc to 1GB sdram so my pc will run better

Now I'm totally a dumbass when it comes to pc's and all the hardware components and stuff so I figured I'd come here for some help.

Ok the name of my motherboard is

"Microstar Int. MS-6399 SDRAM Motherboard"

I have opened CPUZ to know this and it says it had a

Chipset: Intel i845 Rev. A3

it has 2 slots and I want to put in 2 x 512mb ram sticks

Now can you guys help me and give me a link of an online shop (that ships to europe) with ram that will work on this particular motherboard

I'm just afraid I'm gonna buy ram that wont be compatible cause I'm a newbie and didn't know any better :eek:

thx in advance

use CPU-Z and under the SPD Tab it'll give you more information about your memory. All you really need to look for is how fast it is, meaning you're looking to see if it's PC100 or PC133. I don't know any europeans shops, so if you happen to already know one, go to them, look for PC133 SDRAM (assuming it says in CPU-Z you have PC133 currently) Basically CPU-Z is all you need. It'll tell you what your memory is. All memory speeds are shown like PC100, PC133, PC2100, PC2700, PC3200; of course those later 3 starting with PC2100 is DDR so your machine wont be able to run it, but I'm saying that's how you look for your RAM.

Also make sure your mobo will let you use all that Ram. If you post the mobo name i can tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom