*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark 13 Rankings*

Also Pp I have previous scores with the i5 at 4.4ghz that got me 12 in firemark vs the i7 at 4.0 netted me less than the 12k I have scored before. Cpu does help let a gpu stretch it's legs. Once my water cooler is back I will try and push it up to 4.6\7.

My graphics scores don't fluctuate much between stock and my 1.3GHz OC. The main score changes because the increased CPU freq raises the rigid physics test FPS which is done on the CPU. It doesn't change overall score much unless you move to more faster cores. Like, going from 3960x to 5960x. I get the most difference out of my 300MHz OC on my GPU core.

Just to backup some words, here you go.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition Processor,ASRock X79 Extreme6

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition Processor,ASRock X79 Extreme6

Look at the difference in physics score, dropped because the rigid physics test is 100% CPU, but the graphics score barely moved. 600MHz drop in score also only dropped me a few hundred points.

Edit:
4.6 taking away GPU overclock.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/5465249?

Edit2:
Stock GPU, 4.0 CPU.
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/5465327?

Last edited:
EDIT: im such a moron looking back at my score I posted yesterday I had the gpu memory at stock 7ghz... I bet the 7.7ghz might have yielded those points for me. with my cpu pushed up to 4.4 from 4.0 and my gpu memory at 7.7ghz it should be the diference in performance I am missing from the 12k score I previously had. You still netted 150 ish points in your total firemark score by pushing you cpu to 4.4ghz from 4.0.

Last edited:
150 compared to the few thousand from simply raising my GPU clock up 250MHz. My VRAM is stock as well.

I'm not talking about making up a few thousand points just a few hundred to put my score back up to over 12k. I'll be happy if I can crack 12k again. clearly 3dmark shows a decent performance difference compared to haeven 4.0 and game benchmarks. Once the 980ti releases i will probably pick one of those up if they release one. We just need AMD to release their R9 3XX series cards so Nvidia pull the TI out of their butts like they did last year with the 780ti lol.

Yea that's what I was doing, but my 680 was taking a dump on me so I just said **** it. I'm pretty damn happy though.

I'll be doing Firestrike again after I format for proper results and play with VRAM too.

ya but there is an actual point in me waiting for the 980ti as my 780ti is just as fat as a 980 in about anything except 3dmark apparently lol. Linus tech tips reviewed the 980 and compared it overclocked at 1500mhz t oa 1250mhz 780ti and the difference in every game was nothing more than 5%. If the rumours are true about the 980ti it could be up to 50% faster than the 780ti!

Yea exactly, doesn't make much point in moving to 980 from 780ti, but the 980 stock for stock is pretty much 7-10% faster than the 780ti in all games. I'll probably get a 980ti on release too and sell my 980.

The Ti cards are always monsters. the 660ti was incredible. the 780ti to the 780 was also incredible performance difference. the 980ti if it ever comes to be is going to be rediculous.

Back
Top Bottom