Experiencing FPS Issues

Insight0

Beta member
Hello,

Currently playing a game that I did not have FPS issues with at first, until there was a major texture change in the map (lots of addition and changes). As of now, I have very heavy FPS issues that prevents me from playing.

Is it possible for me to upgrade an Asus X55A to combat this problem, or recommend purchasing a new laptop?

Game: League of Legends
Time played before issue: Around April 2014-November 2014

Have you already tried cleaning out your vents and such?

As I don't play LoL, did some searching. Looks like they updates not only the textures of the characters to make them more visually appealing, but the maps as well. With these map changes, they are now slightly more demanding and the graphics scale was changed.

There were players whom reported issues similar to yours after the big changes. Ultimately, the new update may require you to turn down the settings from medium to low, as the scale was changed. High is now medium, and medium is now low if that makes sense.

Try:
Updating drivers if possible
Cleaning out vents
Lower environmental graphics settings.
Disable HUD animations
Disable Vsync

Source:
Performance Issues on the updated Summoner's Rift

Have you already tried cleaning out your vents and such?

As I don't play LoL, did some searching. Looks like they updates not only the textures of the characters to make them more visually appealing, but the maps as well. With these map changes, they are now slightly more demanding and the graphics scale was changed.

There were players whom reported issues similar to yours after the big changes. Ultimately, the new update may require you to turn down the settings from medium to low, as the scale was changed. High is now medium, and medium is now low if that makes sense.

Try:
Updating drivers if possible
Cleaning out vents
Lower environmental graphics settings.
Disable HUD animations
Disable Vsync

Source:
Performance Issues on the updated Summoner's Rift
Aside from the game related settings, only option available was to clean the drivers. Did not feel a major change, though.

Regardless, I appreciate the help you have given.

You're limited to the integrated GPU in the laptop. No, you can't upgrade it.

Oh, thank you for clearing that up for me.

By any chance, would a hard drive that is showing bad signs (BSOD/kernal in-page data error crash/memory management (only encountered this one once)) be the reason I have heavy FPS drops at certain moments?

I attempted repair the game files today and my laptop crashed (kernel error). When it tries to repair the files, it scans all of the current files first.

I also attempted to check system files with sfc and experienced another crash. Having frequent lockups as well.

By any chance, would a hard drive that is showing bad signs (BSOD/kernal in-page data error crash/memory management (only encountered this one once)) be the reason I have heavy FPS drops at certain moments?

I attempted repair the game files today and my laptop crashed (kernel error). When it tries to repair the files, it scans all of the current files first.

I also attempted to check system files with sfc and experienced another crash. Having frequent lockups as well.

Yes, it's possible. Run a disk check on the drive:

Start -> type 'cmd' (without quotes) -> right click -> run as admin -> in the console window that pops up type:
chkdsk C: /f /r
Press Enter and it will say it cannot lock the current drive and to run on next reboot. Type Y and hit Enter -> Reboot your computer and let it run through the check (it may take some time, depending on how big your HDD is).

Back
Top Bottom