Some advice please - mobo

dkingman

Baseband Member
Hi

So my pc was recently shipped to the UK from Norway and was somehow damaged in transit. Basically, if I stand the tower up then I get strange lines on my monitor and I can barely see the screen, which is obviously gpu related, but if I lay it on it's side (mobo flat on the floor) it works fine (odd crashes with screen turning white, but very rare). Trouble is, now I've noticed the usb ports (keyboard/mouse) and onboard sound keeps failing.

Do you think my mobo is dying? I'm hoping that it's not a gpu related issue and it's just the mobo as obviously this would be a cheaper fix and my gpu is barely a year old (i also can't return it as it was bought in Norway and would cost a small fortune to fix/send/sendback).

If it is my mobo, does anybody have any recommendations or a new one? It's a GA-P67-DS3-B3 but I'm pretty sure these have been discontinued.

Win 7 64

CPU Core i5 2500 3.30GHz S-1155 6MB
Boxed Sandybridge

Memory 8GB DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800 Gaming
Sector 5 Dual Channel Kit (2x4GB)
(9-9-9-24) XMP ready

Harddisk 1.0TB Barracuda SATA 6GB/s
7200rpm 32MB 3.5"
SEAGATE

Corsair CX 500psu

Radeon 7970

Thanks for help and any info.

Last edited:
Hi

So my pc was recently shipped to the UK from Norway and was somehow damaged in transit. Basically, if I stand the tower up then I get strange lines on my monitor and I can barely see the screen, which is obviously gpu related, but if I lay it on it's side (mobo flat on the floor) it works fine (odd crashes with screen turning white, but very rare). Trouble is, now I've noticed the usb ports (keyboard/mouse) and onboard sound keeps failing.

Radeon 7970

Thanks for help and any info.

Remove the gpu from the pci-e slot if you have another pci- e card you can grab.
Insert it into the top pci-e first make sure it clicks in and screw it back in.
Power on the computer if the computer shows everything fine from prepost to windows 7 splash screen.
Its safe to assume the graphics card is the issue, now if it shows the same symptoms as before..
Its a mother problem and you will need to get the rmaed.

Which company did you buy your computer from ?

Seems like it's gpu issues. Sigh. of course it is because it will cost me £200 to replace.

I guess I'll leave my pc on it's side until the gpu dies, as it does actually work, I just can't stand the tower up.

Seems like it's gpu issues. Sigh. of course it is because it will cost me £200 to replace.

Well are you going to show me where you bought the computer from ?
If you want that to fully work again with little cost to you pm me the info so I can see about getting you some help.
Otherwise you might want to get another gpu soon.

I guess I'll leave my pc on it's side until the gpu dies, as it does actually work, I just can't stand the tower up.

If it's still under warranty you can try to get it replaced under warranty from the card manufacturer.

Well are you going to show me where you bought the computer from ?
If you want that to fully work again with little cost to you pm me the info so I can see about getting you some help.
Otherwise you might want to get another gpu soon.

I bought the gpu in Norway, from Komplett about a year ago. No idea how long the warranty is for.

I bought the gpu in Norway, from Komplett about a year ago. No idea how long the warranty is for.

Ok then if you bought it online check your email inbox for the receipt.
Or visit the store online and ask for a record of your purchased items.
Like Krazy mentioned it would be good to have that brand name.
Call the manufacturer for that card and see options are available.
If they give you the option to do out of warranty service and repair I suggest you take it.

Otherwise this will do for the time being:

https://www.komplett.no/msi-geforce-gt-730-2gb-physx-cuda/832387
Minimum for light or medium gaming great for pvp games unless your ping rate for your isp sucks.

https://www.komplett.no/msi-radeon-r9-270-gaming-2gb-gddr5/803174

https://www.komplett.no/msi-geforce-gtx-750ti-gaming-2gb-physx/807718

Those 2 above would be good if money isn't really an issue.
Otherwise save up for the next 3 months and use a cheap vga pci card to use windows till then.

Well lets not jump the gun. Have you tried taking the card out and putting it back in?
If you have another pcie port have you tried running the gpu in that? (could just be that pcie is broken)

Should never ship a computer with the gpu attached for future reference. The gpu attachment to the motherboard is already crappy enough while not moving, hence gpu sag/

I forgot to mention that I bought the gpu in Norway but now I live in the UK, so contacting them or sorting anything out with them is no longer an option. I wont be shopping at Komplett again.

And Luke, I think it was gpu sag. Is that fixable?

It's a Sapphire gpu, for the record.

Back
Top Bottom