Upgrading my main rig for video editing and web development, Question

y2adre

In Runtime
Thinking of upgrading my main rig for video editing and web development, I currently have an amd fx 8320, 16 gigs ddr3 1600mhz ram, nvidia 560ti 2gigs gddr5.

My question is what's everyone opinion on upgrading, should I upgrade to an 8350 or an I7? Also, why do so many people hate AMD processors? It seems if it deals with anything other than gaming, it "has to be" an intel processor. Just curious!

No point in getting the 8350 when it's essentially the same as the 8320.

To put it simple, because they're old. And really it should be the other way around. You want an Intel to game with and these days price to performance isn't a factor anymore. If you're buying a new rig you might as well go with Intel regardless. Your rig is already fine and the only decent upgrade from what you have would probably cost too much anyways and that's a 5820k. It'd be a viable option except DDR4 prices are ****ing ridiculous.

No point in getting the 8350 when it's essentially the same as the 8320.

To put it simple, because they're old. And really it should be the other way around. You want an Intel to game with and these days price to performance isn't a factor anymore. If you're buying a new rig you might as well go with Intel regardless. Your rig is already fine and the only decent upgrade from what you have would probably cost too much anyways and that's a 5820k. It'd be a viable option except DDR4 prices are ****ing ridiculous.

Thanks PP

You should only use Intel to game with if your using a discrete video card, because Intel's GPU's really suck. For encoding and trans-coding video, nothing out there is going to be better than an i7 chip with a good discrete video card

IMO if you're buying an i5 or whatever to game on the IGP then maybe you deserve the lagfest haha. Then again, the APUs that have decent graphics still aren't that great either way.

Then again, the APUs that have decent graphics still aren't that great either way.
I didn't say anything about APU's....why are you bringing that up for?
smiley-flamethrower.gif

basically...I only stated that Intels graphics suxs. and to use a discrete card. I did not bring anything up about AMD.
Your making an issue out of something that is not there.
Because anything else in AMD's current lineup doesn't have a GPU
There are tons of AM3+ boards out there with on board graphics using FX chips, and if you checked it out...even AM2 and earlier boards have on board graphics. Of course, only AMD's APU's have graphics built into the CPU's. I don't think Intel does that, They use there own on board GPU similar to what AMD does with the FX chips

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom