Installed new graphics card, now windows wont start

The reason i bought a new gpu in the first place was because the the old one's fan didnt work, so it overheated and crashed, but even then i could atleast use the pc as normal. Now nothing works.

All i did was install the new gpu. If i did something to the mobo then it was a complete accident.

Yes i unplugged the cord and i did ground myself. if the pc suffered some kind of static charge, wouldnt the entire pc be broken?

Whats working on it now?
Does it post?
Try a PS2 keyboard if your pc has a PS2 keyboard port on it, Sometimes the bios will default to the PS2 port on older pc's

Last edited:
Yes i unplugged the cord and i did ground myself. if the pc suffered some kind of static charge, wouldnt the entire pc be broken?

No at all, you can just damage certain component. did you try and boot without the GPU?

Yes i tried unplugging my gpu. The pc runs but i cant see if it changed anything.

I just dont understand what is causing the interference with my usb devices. Remember, my mouse wont either, atleast not in bios. When i try to move the cursor, it moves back down to the bottom right corner of the bios window.

As for the keyboard, i can press delete to enter bios, but when i enter bios or the boot manager, i cant press anything.

Last edited:
What are the specs of this pc?
The only time I can use a mouse in the bios, is in a newer EUFI bios. Older pc's with a 64k bit dos type of bios do not have any kind of mouse ability

Does your pc have a PS2 port? A round type the the older style keyboard uses

Yes it does, but i dont own such keyboard

And yes this is a newer asus mobo so it has mouse support

I cant remember the specs, its a fairly average pc...

Yes i tried unplugging my gpu. The pc runs but i cant see if it changed anything.

I just dont understand what is causing the interference with my usb devices. Remember, my mouse wont either, atleast not in bios. When i try to move the cursor, it moves back down to the bottom right corner of the bios window.

As for the keyboard, i can press delete to enter bios, but when i enter bios or the boot manager, i cant press anything.

You say the PC runs without the GPU you mean it boots into windows? or is it still crashing? your USB device drivers could need updating as that can sometimes cause the issue.

Thiss might be a stupid question but how do i know if it boots to windows if i cant see the screen?

Back
Top Bottom