Installed new graphics card, now windows wont start

niqboy

Solid State Member
Hey, just joined the forums!

I just installed my gtx 750 and basically, if I try to start my computer, it says that "windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause", then it suggest either windows repair (which doesnt help) or start windows normally. If I try the latter, it loads up to the windows logo loading screen, stops, then a blue screen flashes on the screen for a fraction of a second, then the pc reboots.

If i go to bios, the keyboard and mouse are unresponsive. The mouse just stays in the bottom right corner.

I tried putting my old gpu back in but the problem persists.

Any ideas? Is the motherboard broken?

Last edited:
Hey, just joined the forums!

I just installed my gtx 750 and basically, if I try to start my computer, it says that "windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause", then it suggest either windows repair (which doesnt help) or start windows normally. If I try the latter, it loads up to the windows logo loading screen, stops, then a blue screen flashes on the screen for a fraction of a second, then the pc crashes.

If i go to bios, the keyboard and mouse are unresponsive. The mouse just stays in the bottom right corner.

I tried putting my old gpu back in but the problem persists.

Any ideas? Is the motherboard broken?

Try not putting any GPU in and using the built-in graphics card and see if it boots up, if it does it could be an issue with your GPU's.

Also try booting in safe mode with the GPU in (this will boot without drivers) and see if your drivers are an issue, most likely pressing F8 on boot for safe mode.

And check your GPU slot for any damage?

Last edited:
If you're on Win7 or below, Go into the Advanced Boot Menu by pressing the F8 after your BIOS splash screen comes up. Then choose "Disable automatic restart on system failure"

Once it BSOD's again, it should stay up this time. Come back with the following info:
The text in all caps at the top (e.g. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL), the STOP code and it's parameters at the bottom (will be 0x000000## where ## = some alphanumeric combination), as well as if it references some driver or system file below the STOP code (will be FILENAME.SYS).

Thanks for the replies. I cant access the advanced boot menu because my keyboard doesnt work.

Definitely. So you think something's broken with the mobo?

Definitely you tampered with it? have you made any other changes whilst adding the GPU? did you take your mobo out its case at anytime? and did you have any issues before swapping the GPU's?

Back
Top Bottom