Firewire brand???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocktupac

Beta member
Sorry if this question has been asked before, I searched for everything on firewire and didn't see his question. I'm new here...

I recently got a new dell and instead of paying $40 for a firewire card to be installed i decided to get one myself and install it. However, I'm not sure what brand i should get. I'm looking at what seems to be a generic brand with an ALI chipset, it has 4 external usb ports (1 internal) and 2 external firewire ports (1 internal), it's $22. Thanks.

Well i know windows has an update that installs one. But im sure you want somthing better. I dont have any suggestions, pretty much they all supply the same features. Just some are more user friendly. So i would just look around and get what looks user friendly and is not more then 50$.

But make sure you understand it before you use it. Because all firewalls do is regulate what comes in the computer and what leaves the computer.

What im getting at is if your trying to do things online, Firewalls are notorious for making it difficult. So just make sure you read the manual alot when you start using the firewall.

uh, lol i think you misunderstood him lol,
he said fireWIRE not firewall,
you know, the strange looking slot next to usb?
its usually used with external HDs or mp3/media players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom