Upgrading pc

He did say a quality brand though, low end brands tend to list the peak power BUT won't survive long if it keeps reaching that, The higher quality ones list the average power output not the peak power output. We tend to really steam away from cheaper PS because it's the heart of your system and if it blows out it CAN destroy everything attached to it if it sends a surge of power when it goes. Risk destroying all components in your system. I've personally seen it happen and there was a big char mark on the mother board because the surge of power made some capacitors blow up.

Dauntae

He did say a quality brand though, low end brands tend to list the peak power BUT won't survive long if it keeps reaching that, The higher quality ones list the average power output not the peak power output. We tend to really steam away from cheaper PS because it's the heart of your system and if it blows out it CAN destroy everything attached to it if it sends a surge of power when it goes. Risk destroying all components in your system. I've personally seen it happen and there was a big char mark on the mother board because the surge of power made some capacitors blow up.

Dauntae

Im going to use the 650 which requires 300w or less so isnt that fine enough to use this psu intell i am about to upgrade to a better graphics card

The point was that power supply is cheaply made and lower quality, if it fails it's risking the rest of your system, might get lucky and it will last but I won't use cheaper brands because repairing system for a side job I've seen the damage that could be done. I just say buy quality the first time and you buy once. It might last you but it might not.

Alright im using it intell i get more money which will be a few. It should last me because of the fact im not on my computer all day

Ipersonally like to order from new egg but if you want best buy there web site does show they carry the corsair brand. There builder series isn't there best ones but are good and I use them on low end builds, not sure how much the one you have was but this would've what I'd recommend from best buy Corsair CX500 - Best Buy

Ipersonally like to order from new egg but if you want best buy there web site does show they carry the corsair brand. There builder series isn't there best ones but are good and I use them on low end builds, not sure how much the one you have was but this would've what I'd recommend from best buy Corsair CX500 - Best Buy

Im going to order it from new egg amd have it sent to my grandmotbers. The only reason i wanted it from bestbiy is because im never home in the mornimg or afternoon to sign for it if i habe to work that day.. i am looking into graphics cards that i might be able to invest in lator should i get a 650 ?

A 650 would be a safe bet for upgrades, I have a 650 and ran 2 video cards in SLI and it handled them fine, A quality PS is important and will last you, This one is on the third computer build, I've had it since around 2009. Also a corsair but this model is now discontinued.

Back
Top Bottom