Win 98 user needs to know benefits of Win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
Hi, now all my friends have high tech up to date comps which I am of coure envy of. So I'm looking to boost up my computer perfomance soon enough. As you know, I run on Windows 98. I've been pondering the question for a while now, "Should I buy Windows XP or not?". Well, that's why I come here for advice on what are exactly the pros/cons of the Windows XP because I frankly don't really know. Now, I've been browsing on the net for a bit for Windows XP and saw several different kinds. Of course there is the Windows XP Home and Pro. I'm simply just looking to upgrade to pro since I'm a little short on cash. But then I saw Windows XP Home Upgrade and Full Version. What is the difference of this? And what are the benefits of Windows XP? Is it worth the money or should the money be used more efficiently on Computer performance such as Ram, Hardrive space, Motherboard. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

What's your current computer specs?

That will determine how well the operating system upgrade will be.

I just made the switch to WIN XP home this year because I always wait a few years after an operating system comes out so that bugs get worked out. I pretty much do that with computer components too.

I had crashes with 98 all the time.

Win XP---Way better!! I haven't had one random restart or system crash or blue screen.

Win 98
550 MHz
100 MHz FSB
25 gig HD
Pentium III
DSL Connection

Yes, horrible I know ...well my folks are soon to buy a business i'll definately have an upgraded computer by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom