No Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean53180

Solid State Member
I just got my new computer in and I put it all together and then I turn it on, it comes to life but no video. I dont have the check conncetion message its just black screen. Everything is new except the vid card whichh was working when i took it from my old computer. I saw something about some MB's only using AGP video cards is this true? I have a DFI 875P Lan Part Pro and an old PCI graphices card (dont know what it is i got it about 3 years ago).
ANother thing is that I have a bundle of wire from the case that are marked TPA(+),TPA (-), TBP (+), TPB (-), VP, VG, and i dont have a clue as to what its for; i dont see a place in manual that mentions them. I dont think they are related but ya never know.

Any help to a new builder would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

you get power and no screen right?
Make sure your RAM is insterted correctly and snapped down. also do the same for your video card. and then do the obvious, check your monitor cables make sure they are secure

All cables are secure and i took out one stick of ram and tried it again still nothing. LOL and no im not getting the post beep. I may have to take it to computer store because something is up. It is my first build but i did everything according to the manuals.

yea it could be something else then.. bad ram, video.. cpu.. mobo, etc... if you have spare parts that are compatible with each other around the house, you should try replacing them to find the problem before taking it to the computer store and spending money.. imo

ANother thing is that I have a bundle of wire from the case that are marked TPA(+),TPA (-), TBP (+), TPB (-), VP, VG,
Dont worry about those bundle of wires. That's for firewire or something along those lines that's probably in the front panel of your computer, so it's not necessary to have it hooked up.

Take EVERYTHING off the motherboard and just leave in the CPU for now. just have power going to the motherboard and of course the wires from the front panel to actually send the Power to turn on the motherboard and see if you get any kind of response. If you don't get any beeps (of course make sure you indeed did plug in your PC Speaker ) then you know it's gotta either be the CPU or the motherboard at that point. If you get beeps, then start plugging stuff in starting with the RAM....if you plug in the RAM and you get beeps, then the RAM is good and you need to put in the video card, once you've put in the video card if you still get a black screen then the Video Card is causing the problems in that scenario.

Did you make sure to Clear the CMOS first before installing all those parts so that the BIOS didn't try to apply settings from a previous setup which you indeed do not want to happen.

I'd say get a cheap AGP graphics card or borrow one. I bet your Bios has VGA output switched to AGP instead of PCI. Of course you can't get into Bios to switch this because you can't see anything so get an AGP card and test it.

LOL man do i feel stupid now. The CPU was upside down.. so now everything works great. I really appreciate all the info, thanks to all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom