Laptop Audio Jack: Semi-Working

Garzhod

Solid State Member
I recently bought a soundbar for my computer, and it works fine on my home desktop. It has one audio cable and one usb. On my laptop it powers but never has any sound come out of it. My audio devices on my laptop show the default speakers only, and on my computer it is recognized as a headset which plays the audio on the speaker.

Laptop: Sager NP7358 with Windows 7 64 Bit.

My laptop audio jack works fine for my headset and any other speakers I have plugged in.

The driver is apparently up to date according to driver booster, and I cannot find any other users with this problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
I recently bought a soundbar for my computer, and it works fine on my home desktop. It has one audio cable and one usb. On my laptop it powers but never has any sound come out of it. My audio devices on my laptop show the default speakers only, and on my computer it is recognized as a headset which plays the audio on the speaker.

Laptop: Sager NP7358 with Windows 7 64 Bit.

My laptop audio jack works fine for my headset and any other speakers I have plugged in.

The driver is apparently up to date according to driver booster, and I cannot find any other users with this problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Which side are you plugging up the usb connector on your laptop ?
That soundbar may need its on usb power source, I don't think your laptop has enough power to turn it on.

Use a blue USB port if you can... that identifies USB 3.0.

Make sure your computer isn't selectively powering USB devices:
Control Panel > Hardware & sound > Power options > Change plan settings > Advanced power options > USB settings > USB selctive suspend setting - disabled

If those suggestions don't work, then try using a powered USB hub, or an AC USB adapter that outputs the correct amount of power for your soundbar.

Back
Top Bottom