Gaming PC in 1500-2000$ range

BearWasTaken

Solid State Member
Good day. So I got this list together off various guides, opinions, reviews and tests. I'm still a reasonable build dummy, so dont give me too much smack unless necessary :angel:

Here's the list:
f2b414aada9c5a87acf44cf6942cb073.png

This is off my local retailer's e-shop, so I'm afraid i would not find the correct links in Amazon to identical counterparts. It is mostly going to be used for database analysis (millions of poker hands :)) and little to no gaming (and im not a graphics freak), although one of the requirements was for GPU to support UHD, since I need two UHD screens to monitor everything already (nothing majestic graphics-wise tho). Also, this is the first time im encountering a GPU that has two mini-DP as default, while my monitors use standart DP. I expect adapters will do just fine, just was surprised a bit :confused:

So, any tweaks / serious mismatches in part syncronisation, anything poking your eyes? We figured we will need to contact the retailer and ask to update the old motherboard BIOS to support the CPU, how about everything else? Any help/opinion appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can go ahead and link your actual e-shop.

You don't need an expensive GPU just to handle UHD monitors, you don't need such a powerful PSU, you don't need 2133MHz RAM, and I suggest if calculations is the strong suit then get yourself an i7.

InternetinÄ— parduotuvÄ— | Kilobaitas.lt | Kilobaitas | is the shop, I suppose you could use it in english. I will still play a game or two eventually, and the calculations wont be that sophisticated. I'm mostly concerned about the PC utilizing its resources as optimally as possible, and would still categorize it as a gaming PC, considering the ratios of tasks it's going to do. Just got an email saying that they will not have the GPu restocked any time soon, so maybe some substitutions?

InternetinÄ— parduotuvÄ— | Kilobaitas.lt | Kilobaitas | is the shop, I suppose you could use it in english. I will still play a game or two eventually, and the calculations wont be that sophisticated. I'm mostly concerned about the PC utilizing its resources as optimally as possible, and would still categorize it as a gaming PC, considering the ratios of tasks it's going to do. Just got an email saying that they will not have the GPu restocked any time soon, so maybe some substitutions?
Ok you've kinda gone back on what you originally stated.

Your thread title states gaming PC, your OP says not a gaming PC and millions of poker hands, not a graphics freak. The problem here being if you try to game at all @ 4k resolution on anything other than high end cards it's a glitch fest. A GTX 760, R9 280, whatever will output to 2 4k monitors easy, but not game.
You just won't be able to get any kind of enjoyable gaming experience with that setup unless it's some seriously low grade graphics.

You say you want to utilize resources optimally, then get an i7. If it's CPU intensive work it's what you'll want in the machine.

Back
Top Bottom