PSU or...?

wordlife33100

Beta member
A couple of weeks ago, I went to turn on my computer, and, of course, it wouldn't power on. Well, not completely, anyway. When I pushed the power button, all the fans turn on (or try to) for about half a second, then stop for a couple seconds, then repeats the process until I disconnect the power. I tried replacing the power supply, but it didn't help. Also tried disconnecting reset switch, and powering on with only essentials connected, still nothing. POST testing is impossible since it doesn't get anywhere near that far along. Any suggestions as to what the problem is our what I can do to figure it out?

Remove all of your RAM and try turning it on. You should get warning beeps indicating missing RAM.

What were the essentials that you hooked it up with?
The essentials to me would be - 1 stick of RAM, CPU, GPU (if you don't have onboard video), PSU. Remove all expansion cards and extra peripherals.

I've done all that as well. Like I said, it doesn't get far enough to even notice if anything is missing. Fans try and turn on, stop, and try again. LEDs on RAM and MB all light up.

Have you removed the board from the case and put it on a non-conductive service (such as coardboard) and tried to run it that way, to make sure something isn't shorting out against the case? That would be the next step I'd take. If it still doesn't boot... then RMA the board if it's still under warranty.

Back
Top Bottom